"M&M's"Â® Racing Team Texas Motor Speedway Schrader's Thoughts On Texas Motor Speedway... "We're going to Texas with a new paint scheme and a little bit of rest. We didn't test at Texas, but I heard that it is super fast since they have...
"M&M's"® Racing Team
Texas Motor Speedway
Schrader's Thoughts On Texas Motor Speedway...
"We're going to Texas with a new paint scheme and a little bit of rest. We didn't test at Texas, but I heard that it is super fast since they have re-paved it. I don't usually like new pavement because it generally leads to one groove, follow-the-leader racing. The car we're taking is the same one that we ran in the top 10 with in Las Vegas before getting a flat tire, so we're hopeful for a strong run for the Combos® car. We don't need good luck to run good - we just need the absence of bad luck."
"M&M's"® Racing At Texas Motor Speedway...
* This is the first and only appearance for the No. 36 Combos® Snacks car in the 2002 season. Combos® has been an associate sponsor on the B-post of the No. 36 "M&M's"® car since 1998.
* Schrader and the "M&M's"® Racing Team scored a top 10 at Texas last season. It is his best performance to date at the 1.5-mile race track.
* Schrader will keep the track hot in Texas this weekend as he will attempt to pull off double duty. He will attempt to make the Busch Series race on Saturday with his Schrader Racing entry, and he will slide behind the wheel of the No. 36 "M&M's"® car for Sunday's Winston Cup race.
* The five flavors of Combos® Snacks are produced in Albany, Ga. The Combos® flavors include: cheddar cheese cracker, pizzeria pretzel, cheddar cheese pretzel, nacho cheese pretzel and pepperoni pizza cracker.
* Some people just can't get enough time behind the wheel. After racing last Saturday night, the opening night, at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Mo. (the track which Schrader co-promotes), Schrader traveled to St. Louis to pick up his Honda Goldwing motorcycle. Schrader then rode the bike from St. Louis to his next stop, Texas Motor Speedway.
* Ken Schrader will be at Malibu Speed Zone in Dallas on Friday night. He will sign autographs from 8:15-9:00 p.m. Autograph vouchers will be given to the first 250 people in line at 5 p.m. on Friday.