Jimmy Spencer Target Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates ...
Target Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
#41 Target Dodge Intrepid R/T
Samsung/Radio Shack 500
Texas Motor Speedway, 1.5-mile tri-oval
Qualifying: April 5, 2002
Race: April 7, 2002
Television: FOX race coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. EDT
Radio: PRN race coverage begins at 12:30 p.m. EDT
Race begins at 2 p.m. EDT
TEAM TARGET FACTS
* Texas: In five starts at Texas Motor Speedway, Spencer has only one top-10 finish. He has no poles and no wins at the track. His best start is 23rd (4/1/01); his best finish is seventh (4/5/98).
* Team Target will take car # 114 to Texas this weekend. It is the same car that started fifth and finished 26th at Atlanta Motor Speedway in March 2002.
* Crew change: Randy Cox will take over rear tire changer responsibilities for Team Target starting at Texas. Cox came from Joe Gibbs Racing where he was a mechanic and the rear tire changer on the #20 car.
* Consistent: Spencer and Team Target have started in the top-10 for four consecutive races.
* Spencer's second place finish at Bristol was his first second place finish since 1999.