Travis Kvapil * Travis Kvapil put up an impressive qualifying effort for the Daytona 500 and started the qualifying duels 8th. * After being involved in an early-race accident, Kvapil was only able to complete 90 of 152 laps of...
* Travis Kvapil put up an impressive qualifying effort for the Daytona 500 and started the qualifying duels 8th.
* After being involved in an early-race accident, Kvapil was only able to complete 90 of 152 laps of the Daytona 500 and finished the race 42nd.
* Kvapil has five starts in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Auto Club Speedway.
* In the Camping World Truck Series, Kvapil has one pole award, one top-five, four top-10s at the two-mile, D-shaped oval.
* In just six starts at Fontana in the Camping World Truck Series, Kvapil has an average start of 10th and an average finish of 10th.
Primary -- RK -- 478
Backup -- RK -- 507
Kvapil on racing at Fontana:
"It's going to be great to get back in this car this weekend in Fontana. Last weekend in Daytona our day ended way too early when we had that tire go down. This weekend we have a new sponsor on board our No. 28 Ford Fusion, Farmers Insurance. We're actually going out to their headquarters on Thursday to meet some of the employees. We're excited to have them onboard and can hopefully give them a great race.
"At Fontana the handling in your car is so important. It's a long race and you have the transition from day to night, so you have to make sure your car is in it for the long haul. I know that Ben and all the guys back at the shop have been working really hard on getting our No. 28 Farmers Insurance Ford Fusion as best as it can be for this weekend's race. We had a solid run going last year in this race and are looking for the same this coming weekend."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Fontana:
"This No. 28 team has put in a lot of hours over the last few weeks getting our Fontana car ready. It's big race for Farmers Insurance and a great chance for us to rebound from last weekend. If we can get the handling of our car working, I know we have the horsepower under the hood to have a great run this weekend in Fontana."