Scott Riggs Quotes: "We left Daytona behind us when we drove out of those gates. Valvoline Evernham Racing is a new team that we have started from scratch so we knew there would be challenges. Heading to California, we are still a proud, strong,...
Scott Riggs Quotes:
"We left Daytona behind us when we drove out of those gates. Valvoline Evernham Racing is a new team that we have started from scratch so we knew there would be challenges. Heading to California, we are still a proud, strong, race team that is ready to prove themselves. We have a lot of good notes from Las Vegas and we are bringing a chassis that Jeremy won with last year. I have won at California Speedway and sat on the pole in the Busch and Truck Series so all that combined means we should have a good weekend. With Valvoline, Stanley, and Auto Value/Bumper to Bumper behind me, and the kind of resources and personnel we have with Evernham Motorsports, nothing can destroy my fire."
Rodney Childers Quotes:
"We took this car to Kentucky Speedway and to Las Vegas Motor Speedway to test. It was awesome in Kentucky but could have been better at Vegas. After we came back from Vegas it looked like we were doing a few things wrong so we came back and the fab shop changed the front end a little bit and made it closer to what we needed. I know this was one of Mayfield's favorite cars from last year and what we did to it should make it even better."
* Scott Riggs has had success at California Speedway in all three NASCAR Series: a pole in the Truck Series race in 2001, a Busch Series win in 2002 and two top-10 qualifying efforts in the Nextel Cup Series.
* Sunday's race marks Riggs' fifth start at the track. In his four prior starts he collected one top-10 finish and earned $413,843.
* In his last race at California Speedway (September 2005), Riggs started 10th and finished 36th after getting caught up in an accident.
* Riggs must qualify his way into the race on time as Valvoline Evernham Racing has no owners' points from 2005 to fall back on for the first five events this season.
* Despite finishing fourth in the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona, and finishing 13th in his Duel at Daytona race, Riggs missed the field for the Daytona 500 by 1.5 car lengths. The California Speedway event will be the first 2006 points race for the No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger.