KASEY KAHNE QUOTES: "We overcame the adversity we encountered last week and had a great finish in the Daytona 500. It reflects the commitment of the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team and everyone at Evernham Motorsports. They rose to the ...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES:
"We overcame the adversity we encountered last week and had a great finish in the Daytona 500. It reflects the commitment of the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team and everyone at Evernham Motorsports. They rose to the occasion, just like all good teams do in the face of adversity. Kenny (Francis, the team director) deserves a lot of credit. He built this team. We're looking forward to California. We have great racecars for the mile-and-half and two-mile tracks. We're prepared for this race as well as the next three. Keith (Rodden, the team engineer) stepped up last week to fill in for Kenny and did the job. The No. 9 team is ready. We're motivated."
"We won the last race at California, and we'll go back there feeling like we can win this weekend. Our team is very strong. We had a good finish at Daytona and I think we'll have another good race at California."
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team are riding high heading to California Speedway coming off their best ever finish at Daytona Int'l Speedway of seventh.
* In his last visit to Fontana, Kahne swept both the NASCAR Nextel Cup and Busch events. Going to victory lane in both series in a single weekend.
* Kahne has an impressive career average finish of 11th at California Speedway.
* Just as impressive, is Kahne's career average start of 8.7 at Fontana.
* Kahne has tallied just one DNF in his six Nextel Cup starts at California Speedway.
* In 2006 Evernham Motorsports performed well at Fontana. Between the three Evernham cars, their average start was 10.2 with an average finish of 13.7.