* Johnson has made 14 Sprint Cup Series starts at Auto Club Speedway where he has earned four wins, nine top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. * Johnson has completed 100% (3505 of 3505) of competition laps at the two-mile track and has led...
* Johnson has made 14 Sprint Cup Series starts at Auto Club Speedway where he has earned four wins, nine top-five and 10 top-10 finishes.
* Johnson has completed 100% (3505 of 3505) of competition laps at the two-mile track and has led 723.
* He has an average start and finish of 8.8 and 5.8.
* Johnson will pilot chassis No. 553 in Sunday's event. He has three starts in that car, collecting two wins (Indy, Calif. 2009) and a fifth-place finish (Homestead 2009).
* Johnson last drove backup chassis No. 534 to a 13th-place result at Pocono Raceway last August.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE NEW GREEN-WHITE-CHECKER RULE AFTER SEEING IT USED IN DAYTONA? "NASCAR did everything they said they would do which was three attempts for a green-flag finish. This is a compromise. That's why this rule hasn't been in place before because of the obvious reason of crashing cars and no one's been excited for that. But NASCAR is trying to find a balance between what the competitors want and what the fans want. I understand both sides of it to be honest with you."
GOING INTO CALIFORNIA, HOW DO YOU FEEL THE TEAM WILL DO AND DO YOU THINK THAT RACE WILL GIVE YOU A BETTR IDEA OF HOW THE SEASON WILL GO AND UNDERSTAND WHICH TEAMS WILL BE STRONG? "I'm disappointed that we had the mechanical failure at Daytona because we overcame a lot to get back in position to have a shot at winning that thing. We were in really good position when our car broke. So, that one's behind us but when I look forward to the rest of the season California is the first down-force track that we have and a real good indicator of where people are for the bulk of the season. So I'm excited. It's going to be like the first day of school all over again even though we just went through it in Daytona but this time it's for a new set of circumstances that we race under. The spring race has been good for me and I look forward to hopefully winning there in the spring. I haven't won there in the spring yet but the fall race domination has been really good and I hope to carry that over to the spring."