HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #304. This is the same car McMurray finished fifth with earlier this year at Rockingham and 10th with at Texas. In two starts this season, Chassis #304 has one top-five and two top-10 finishes.
* McMurray has two previous starts at California Speedway in the NASCAR Busch Series with a best finish of 11th last year. McMurray is making his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut this weekend at California Speedway
* McMurray and representatives from Havoline and Action Performance will hold a press conference on Saturday, April 26 at 9:30 a.m. in the media center to unveil McMurray's "T3: Rise of the Machines" car that will run July 5th in Daytona.
* McMurray and the Havoline team come to California Speedway 30th in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and are currently tied with Greg Biffle in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray has posted one top-five, two top-10 and one top-15 finish in the first nine races of the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"It's always fun to head out west to California. I was really surprised the first time I raced out there, because there are so many NASCAR fans out on the west coast and you can just feel the excitement when we come out there."
"It's also going to be a big weekend for my sponsor, Havoline. ChevronTexaco is based on the west coast, and there's going to be a lot of guests that will be at the race."
"We're taking the same car we ran at Rockingham and Texas with earlier this year, and got top-10 finishes in both of those races. I don't know why, but this car just feels good, and obviously it races well, so I'm really looking forward to the race this weekend. I think we'll give all the Havoline guests something to cheer about."
"California is also big because we get to unveil our T3 car that we're going to run in Daytona in July. There's going to be a special Hollywood actor that will be in attendance for the announcement, and it should be a lot of fun."