* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Auto Club Speedway this Sunday in the Pepsi 500. * MENARD AT FONTANA... In his five previous starts, Menard's best finish came in his first start at the two-mile speedway where...
* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Auto Club Speedway this Sunday in the Pepsi 500.
* MENARD AT FONTANA... In his five previous starts, Menard's best finish came in his first start at the two-mile speedway where he finished 20th
* LAPS... Menard has completed 476 of 477 (99.8%) of the laps he has attempted in Cup Series competition at Auto Club Speedway.
* ENERGIZER RETURNS TO THE HOOD...The No. 98 team will unload the Energizer / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's Pepsi 500.
Menard on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
"Although it seems like last season since we raced at Fontana, I remember us having a really good run going before we lost a transmission about halfway through the race. So far this season we've had some of our best runs at the intermediate tracks. We had a really good car at Atlanta and then last week at Kansas we unloaded really well and I thought we were going to have a strong race.
"Larry (Carter) and all the guys at Ford Racing have done a great job with getting our car to qualify better and to start the race better. Now if we can just finish the races in one piece we'd be in a much better position. Hopefully we can have a great weekend at Fontana in our No. 98 Energizer / Menards Ford Fusion."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
"We did a great job the last couple of weekends with our qualifying and improving ourselves in practice on Saturday. We had what I thought was going to be a pretty good race last weekend, but we started the car out just a little too free. This weekend at Fontana I think we'll have a good run. As a whole, both the No. 98 team and the entire Ford group have been pretty good at the intermediate tracks."