M&M's Team Notes of Interest * Kyle Busch maintains the Sprint Cup Series points lead for the 15th consecutive week, dating back to Richmond (5/3/08). * Kyle holds the record for youngest race winner in Sprint Cup Series history,...
M&M's Team Notes of Interest
* Kyle Busch maintains the Sprint Cup Series points lead for the 15th consecutive week, dating back to Richmond (5/3/08).
* Kyle holds the record for youngest race winner in Sprint Cup Series history, winning at Auto Club Speedway (ACS) on Sept. 4th, 2005 at the age of 20 years, 126 days.
* Including his win in 2005, Kyle has six consecutive top-10 finishes at Auto Club Speedway.
* Kyle has led 229 laps in eight starts at Auto Club Speedway. He also has led a total of 1580 laps in the Sprint Cup Series this season.
* Kyle Busch will be available to attending media members at the ACS drivers' conference room at 11:30am PDT on Friday, August 29th.
Busch Quotes for week leading up to the Pepsi 500 at Auto Club Speedway
Do you have any idea what to expect when you return to California after the heavy rain earlier this year?
"A lot has changed since California. That was the second race of the year and this car has come a long way since then. I think that the same guys that were fast then will probably be fast there again, but besides that I think that given the race Labor Day weekend, I feel like it will be fine for everybody. Normally there is no weather in the California region. I say that and there probably will be. Typically there's not any weather that we have to worry about when we get down to that time besides heat."
You have some interesting history at Auto Club Speedway. What do you think of the race track?
"I like California. It's a fun track. You can run all over the place with it. You can run low, you can run high. And there are plenty of opportunities and areas to pass. So it's a neat race track. It's the place where I got my first Cup win, so that was definitely a lot of fun. Overall, I enjoy racing at California."
Primary Chassis #217: Best Start: 27th (Loudon -- 6/29/08) Best Finish: 25th (Loudon -- 6/29/08) Most Recent Result: 36th (Pocono -- 8/3/08)
Back-up Chassis #210: Best Start: 19th (Indianapolis -- 7/27/08) Best Finish: 15th (Indianapolis -- 7/27/08) Most Recent Result: 15th (Indianapolis -- 7/27/08)