Kasey Kahne Quotes "I've always liked the California track. It's a good track. Our Dodges are really good there. I'm looking forward to going back and qualifying and racing. It's a track you can pass at. You can do a lot of different things...
Kasey Kahne Quotes
"I've always liked the California track. It's a good track. Our Dodges are really good there. I'm looking forward to going back and qualifying and racing. It's a track you can pass at. You can do a lot of different things on the track and not run just one line. You can move around and find where your car works the best. I like doing that, looking for a better line as the race progresses.
"We'll have the same car. Hopefully, we can duplicate the performance we had earlier this year and maybe even run a little better. We were strong early and then the car got a little tight. We were going to run about fourth, but ran out of gas. This time, I think we will definitely be better. We need to run up front, lead some laps and try to get the win. We want back in that top 10. We're going to continue to do the things we've been doing and hope we make it."
VYING FOR A SPACE IN NASCAR'S "CHASE"
* Kahne moves to 11th in NASCAR Nextel Cup Series standings after running at Bristol. He now ranks 26 points out of the 10th position and pulls to within 31 points of the eighth-place spot.
KAHNE AT CALIFORNIA
* In Kahne's first NEXTEL Cup Series race at California, he qualified on the pole and ran in the top five for nearly the entire day before his No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge ran out of gas on the final lap. He finished 13th.
* Kahne finished fifth in this year's Busch Series race at California, and finished fourth in the '03 NBS race.
CAR 55 WHERE ARE YOU?
* Chassis No. 55 out of the Evernham Motorsports stables has been a force on the NASCAR circuit this year with Kasey Kahne behind the wheel. When running this chassis, Kahne has earned five top-five finishes (2nd at Las Vegas, Texas and Michigan-a, fourth at Indy, fifth at Michigan-b) and two pole positions (Las Vegas and California) while leading 289 laps this year.
HOW IT ALL ADDS UP
* Kahne has four top tens and three top fives in the past six races (eighth, third, fourth, 14th, fifth, 21st).
* Kahne is one of only five drivers to have scored eight or more top-five finishes this season.
* Kahne's four pole positions are two shy of Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season.
RAYBESTOS ROOKIE BESTS
* After 24 races, Kahne has a commanding 74-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year race.
* Kahne's total of 355 laps led is nearly four times the combined amount of laps led by the five other 2004 Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year candidates (92). He also has more poles, top fives and top 10s than the combined amount of his Rookie-of-the-Year competitors.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne earned his fourth pole (Las Vegas, Darlington, California and Pocono) and his second track qualifying record (Las Vegas, Pocono) at Pocono in June.
* Evernham Motorsports has set three track qualifying records this season (Kahne -- Las Vegas and Pocono (a), Mayfield -- Dover).
* Kahne tied Art Watts (1957) for the quickest any driver has reached four career poles -- 14 races.
No. 9 DEW CREW ROSTER CHANGE
* Nick O'Dell has replaced Jim Pohlman as front tire changer for the No. 9 Dew Crew. O'Dell worked as the front tire changer on the No. 91 Evernham Motorsports Dodge team earlier this year. O'Dell also served as front tire changer for the No. 9 Dew Crew at Michigan, Watkins Glen and Bristol. Jim Pohlman remains lead mechanic on the team.