Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Auto Club Speedway. * In nine starts at California, Kahne has one win, three top-five and six top-10 finishes. * In 2006, Kahne led...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Auto Club Speedway.
* In nine starts at California, Kahne has one win, three top-five and six top-10 finishes.
* In 2006, Kahne led 130 laps en route to victory.
* Kahne has an average start of seventh and an average finish of 14th at California.
* Kahne has finished no worse than 13th at Auto Club Speedway during the races in which he finished. He has two DNFs at California as a result of an engine failure (spring 2007) and an accident (spring 2005).
* Kahne is currently 14th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings. He is 56 points out of the 12th position.
Kahne Discusses Racing in the Pepsi 500 at Auto Club Speedway:
What are your thoughts on Auto Club Speedway? "I like California. We've usually been pretty strong on that type of track and we've had some success there before, so coming off of a disappointing weekend at Bristol, it's definitely good to be going to a track you feel you can run well at."
Do you compare the racing at California to any other tracks? "It's hard to compare tracks to each other. I think California was built to be like Michigan but they're pretty different tracks. California doesn't have a lot of banking but it is a pretty fast track. I think, like every track, getting the car to handle in the corners is the biggest thing. It's a two-mile track and the front and back stretches are pretty long. I do think it is a track that can be tough on engines, as we discovered last year but it is a track I enjoy so I'm looking forward to it."
With 40th-place finishes in the last two races, what are your thoughts heading into California and Richmond? "It's been a good season for us and I'm glad that we're in a position to still make the Chase and have a good shot at it. We ran into some problems the last two weeks that set us back. I was looking at sixth in points and being able to get there (into the Chase). Now, we're a little further behind. I'm just excited to be in the position that we're in. I have a real legitimate shot at making the Chase and a great shot at running well this weekend. California is a good track for us and so is Richmond. I'm just looking forward to the challenge and seeing how it all works out."