KASEY KAHNE: "We swept both races at California during the Labor Day weekend last year, so we're looking forward to returning and having a good race. We have the same Dodge Charger we had at Michigan. We've made improvements on the car since...
"We swept both races at California during the Labor Day weekend last year, so we're looking forward to returning and having a good race. We have the same Dodge Charger we had at Michigan. We've made improvements on the car since that race, hopefully those adjustments will pay dividends this weekend.
"The Bristol race certainly gives us momentum, winning the Busch race on Friday night and running up front and finishing second in the Cup race the next night. The first 300 laps, we were the car to beat Saturday night. The next 200, we were right there with Carl (Edwards) for the win. It was fun to drive a fast car again. The pit stops were great.
"A race weekend like we had at Bristol can certainly turn things around for the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team. We haven't had the kind of season we expected. It's been frustrating. But all that can change. We will try to build on last weekend and continue to build momentum through the rest of the season and be ready for a good start in '08."
* Last season Kahne swept the Busch and Cup races at Fontana over Labor Day weekend.
* Kahne led over 140 laps between both the Busch and Cup events at Fontana last fall.
* After taking his second pole of the year at Bristol, Kahne and the Dodge Dealers/UAW team grabbed their season best finish of 2nd last weekend.
* Kahne led a dominating 61 percent (305) of laps run at the Bristol bull-ring and was able to gain four positions in the season point standings.
* Kahne is in his fourth season with Evernham Motorsports. He posted a series-high six wins last year and earned a berth in the Chase for the Nextel Cup.