Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis ...
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis #307: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #307 to compete in the Pop Secret 500 at California Speedway. McMurray raced chassis #307 to a fourth-place finish at Michigan International Speedway two weeks ago. In six starts in 2004, chassis #307 has posted two top-five and four top-10 finishes.
* The Chase is On: McMurray heads into California Speedway sitting 15th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points, but is only 45 points out of the NASCAR Top 10 with two races remaining before the Chase for the Championship begins. The Joplin, Mo. native has posted five top-five and 13 top-10 finishes through the first 24 races of the 2004 season.
* Open House: McMurray will open up his house in Statesville, N.C. next week to MTV to film an episode of MTV Cribs that will air later this year. The television show showcases celebrity's homes and lifestyles.
* Back to School: While in L.A. this week, McMurray will tape a segment as guest anchor on Channel One News. Channel One News is a daily, televised, 12-minute newscast that is beamed via satellite to 12,000 middle, junior and high schools representing over 8 million students and 400,000 educators.
* Double Duty: McMurray will be pulling double duty this weekend as he will pilot the No. 66 Dodge in Saturday's NASCAR Busch Series race before climbing behind the wheel of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge for Sunday's Pop Secret 500.
* On a Hot Streak: McMurray heads into California coming off a strong seventh-place finish last weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway. McMurray has posted three top-10 finishes in the last four NEXTEL Cup Series races.
* Autism Awareness: As a result of McMurray leading a handful of laps last weekend in Bristol, he was able to add to his "Drive for a Cure" awareness total. To date, $20,916 has been raised for the Autism Society of America.
* Olympic Salute: ChevronTexaco has announced that it is donating $100 for every medal the U.S. Olympic team earned during the 2004 Summer Games in Athens, Greece. The U.S. team won 103 medals, bringing ChevronTexaco's contribution total to $10,300. In addition, ChevronTexaco will also make the same pledge to the U.S. Paralympics team. The Paralympics take place September 17-28 in Athens, Greece.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Fontana Thoughts: "California is going to be the race we need to get through. We struggled there in the spring. We ran in the top five in both Michigan races, and usually that's a good sign for Fontana since the tracks are similar. We're taking the same car we finished fourth with in Michigan two weeks ago, so the Texaco/Havoline Dodge should be a contender this weekend. If we can just not have any DNFs in the next two races, I think we can make the top 10."