McMurray on racing at Auto Club Speedway: "I don't know what it is about racing at Fontana, but it's a track that I really enjoy coming to on the circuit. Auto Club Speedway is more of a driver's track where you as the driver can really dictate...
McMurray on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
"I don't know what it is about racing at Fontana, but it's a track that I really enjoy coming to on the circuit. Auto Club Speedway is more of a driver's track where you as the driver can really dictate your times by which line you choose on the race track. Sometimes the high line works better and as the track changes, it could move to the middle or bottom groove, just depending on how your car seems to handle. That's really what makes California a fun track to race on."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
"Fontana is a great track for Jamie statistically, so going into this weekend we just need to be positive about our chances. It is a great track for the Roush organization and for Jamie as well. One thing about Fontana is that it's a wide track with room to pass, but it also has a little bit of age on it now where tires make more of a difference there. You'll see pit strategy come into play and teams can take two tires there and still run well. I'd like to get our Crown Royal team the strong finish we deserve this weekend."
* In 12 career Sprint Cup starts at the two-mile speedway, McMurray has five top-10 finishes, including three top-five finishes.
* McMurray has a career average starting position of 23.2 and an average finishing position of 14.8 at Auto Club Speedway.
* Statistically speaking, Fontana is McMurray's best track on the current Sprint Cup Series circuit when it comes to average finishing position.
* This weekend at Fontana, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 23rd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings