* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS-622 during Sunday's 500-mile event. PRS-622 is a brand new car to the No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger fleet. * Strong Result... In his last outing at Auto Club Speedway, ...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS-622 during Sunday's 500-mile event. PRS-622 is a brand new car to the No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger fleet.
* Strong Result... In his last outing at Auto Club Speedway, driver David Stremme posted a solid top-15 finish. The South Bend, Ind. native crossed the finish line in the 13th spot.
* Qualifying Comment... The Penske Dodge team has found a qualifying "spark" in the latter part of the 2009 season. Stremme has an average starting spot of 16.87 since qualifying fifth at Watkins Glen International in early August.
* Come and See Me... Stremme, along with his Penske Racing teammate Justin Allgaier, will be at the Stater Bros. Racefest at Auto Club Speedway on Thursday, October 8. The duo will sign autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer from 6:15 to 7:45 p.m. PT. The Penske Racing souvenir trailer is located behind the frontstretch grandstand at the two-mile speedway.
* Moving On Up... With his top-25 result last weekend at Kansas Speedway, Stremme moved up two positions in the NASCAR Cup Series point standings. The Penske Racing driver is 29th in the rankings with seven races remaining on the 2009 schedule.
David Stremme on driving at Auto Club Speedway
"Auto Club Speedway is a great track. You can race two- and three-wide all day. If your car is not working on the bottom of the track, you can move to the high side and try the upper groove. I have been known to run the top side of the race track, so Auto Club Speedway fits me perfectly. Roy [McCauley] and the engineering staff have worked really hard on our speedway program and we have seen some positive results over the course of the 2009 season. I am looking forward to this weekend and getting our Penske Dodge up front."
Crew Chief Roy McCauley on racing at Auto Club Speedway
"I am excited about going to California. We had a really strong run there earlier in the season and I know we are much better as a group now. Auto Club Speedway is a great track that has really been good to the Penske organization. We feel we have one of the strongest speedway programs in the garage, which is a testament to all the hard work the guys back at Penske Racing have put into making us so competitive."