* David Reutimann will drive The UPS Store/Toys for Tots Camry this weekend at Auto Club Speedway. * The Toys for Tots Literacy Program is a new initiative of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation and The UPS Store. * Donations made to the Toys...
* David Reutimann will drive The UPS Store/Toys for Tots Camry this weekend at Auto Club Speedway.
* The Toys for Tots Literacy Program is a new initiative of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation and The UPS Store.
* Donations made to the Toys for Tots Literacy Program will be used to buy books and other educational materials for local children in need.
* Throughout the year participating The UPS Store locations will be selling $1 donation cards and collecting funds with 100 percent of the proceeds going to support local children and literacy programs. Individuals can also make donations throughout the year by visiting www.toysfortotsliteracy.org.
* This marks the fourth year that the UPS Sprint Cup entry has sported a special paint scheme in support of The UPS Store/Toys for Tots campaign.
Reutimann Discusses Racing at Auto Club Speedway
First, talk a little about running a special paint scheme this weekend in support of the Toys for Tots Literacy Program--
"It's rewarding to be able to help raise awareness for the Toys for Tots Literacy Program. For the last three years, Dale (Jarrett) and his family really embraced this cause so I'm happy to be able to continue this role for The UPS Store and Toys for Tots. Since the program launched earlier this year, more than $250,000 has been donated through The UPS Store network which translates to over a quarter of a million books placed into the hands of children who need them. I have a young daughter and reading with her brings a lot of joy to my wife and me. It's really important to be able to try and help kids that don't get to enjoy that part of childhood."
On the racing front, can you talk a little about your qualifying efforts the past couple of weeks as well as your thoughts on California--
"We've had great qualifying efforts the past two races -- at Michigan and Bristol -- and that track position is so important. We didn't use it to the best of our advantage at Bristol last week but to be successful and get back into the top-10, it's something we need to continue to do. I really like California. For a driver, it's a great track because it's so wide with a lot of different grooves to pass so I really like to race there."