Edwards on racing at California Speedway: "I'm excited to go to California this weekend. It's a fun track to drive especially this weekend since we start during the day and finish at night. We really didn't have the best run there when we ...
Edwards on racing at California Speedway:
"I'm excited to go to California this weekend. It's a fun track to drive especially this weekend since we start during the day and finish at night. We really didn't have the best run there when we raced California in February, but My Office Depot team and Bob Osborne have made tremendous improvements over the year and I have no doubt we'll be super-competitive this weekend. I think we have a great car for this weekend and I feel pretty good about our chances of running up front. After our win last weekend in Bristol, the Office Depot team is extremely pumped and I am expecting another strong run this weekend. Since we clinched a spot in the 'Chase' last weekend, some of that pressure is off and now we can go out and race for bonus points."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at California Speedway:
"I think we are all relieved to make it out of Bristol and to make it out with a win is even better. Clinching a spot in the 'Chase' takes a lot of pressure off of the Office Depot team. We've been good at California in the past and I feel like we have a pretty good chance to run up front this weekend. My guys are improving week in and week out and I wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed another 10 bonus points this weekend, as well. We have two races until the 'Chase' so we need to do our very best to win races and get those bonus points. We have a driver and team that are fully capable of that."
* Carl Edwards is heading to California Speedway coming off of last week's win at Bristol. The win at Bristol was Edwards' second of 2007 (also won at Michigan in June) and sixth career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup victory
* The Chase is On-- With the win at Bristol, Edwards secured a spot in the 2007 Chase for the NEXTEL Cup
* Lucky No. 7--? Edwards will make his seventh Cup Series start at the California Speedway. In his previous starts, Edwards boasts one pole, four top-five and five top-10 finishes
* The No. 99 Office Depot team will be unloading chassis No. RK-320 Edwards raced this car in the fall race at Atlanta last year. He started that race 12th and finished seventh
* Edwards is currently fifth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 3160 points, 422 points behind leader, Jeff Gordon
* Backpack Donation: Edwards will participate in his second Office Depot Foundation backpack donation event of 2007. He will be at the Office Depot store at 8160 Day Creek Boulevard in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. on Thursday, August 30 from 5:00-7:00 PM. An autograph session will immediately follow the backpack donation. Fans wishing to participate may pick up a wristband starting at 7:00 AM at the store. Only the first 200 people will receive wristbands.
* The No. 99 Office Depot Ford will sport a special look this weekend at California to help promote the newly enhanced Office Depot Work Life Rewards Program.
* Office Depot Store No. 2530 from Peachtree City, Ga. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at California this weekend