ELLIOTT AT CALIFORNIA * Elliott is scheduled to drive EMS chassis No. 101 this weekend at California. Elliott raced this chassis to an 11th place finish at Michigan, and he tested and raced it at Indianapolis this year. Elliott's backup Dodge ...
ELLIOTT AT CALIFORNIA
* Elliott is scheduled to drive EMS chassis No. 101 this weekend at California. Elliott raced this chassis to an 11th place finish at Michigan, and he tested and raced it at Indianapolis this year. Elliott's backup Dodge Charger features EMS chassis No. 103.
* Elliott has started in nine Cup Series races at California This will . be his eighth start of the 2005 season .
* Elliott has earned two top-five finishes at the track -- in 2002 and 2003. He has led three races ('00, '02, '03) for a total of 16 laps at California
* Elliott earned his best start of second in the 2003 race at California, and he finished a track-high fourth place that day. Elliott also finished fourth in the 2002 race.
* Elliott will make his 745th career start at California Speedway. He has 44 career wins, 55 career poles, 175 top-fives and 320 top-10s.
RESULTS AFTER MICHIGAN
* BILL ELLIOTT DROVE HIS NO. 91 DODGE CHARGE TO AN 11TH PLACE FINISH AT MICHIGAN, WHILE TEAMMATE JEREMY MAYFIELD DROVE TO VICTORY LANE IN THE GFS MARKETPLACE 400.
* ELLIOTT STARTED THE DAY FROM THE 29TH POSITION AFTER QUALIFYING WITH A TIME OF 38.272 SECONDS AND 188.127 MPH.
GOLDEN ARCHES ON BOARD
* This weekend, McDonald's will sponsor the No. 91 Dodge Charger for the second time of the 2005 NASCAR Nextel Cup season. McDonald's raced onboard the No. 91 Dodge Charger during the spring Michigan race, where Elliott started 10th and ended the day with a 35th place finish.
MOST RECENT RUN AT CALIFORNIA
* In the fall race at California, Elliott started third with a strong qualifying run. He battled handling problems throughout the race, and his Dodge finished 25th for the day.