* This Weekend's Cheerios/Hamburger Helper Chevrolet Impala at Auto Club Speedway ... Clint Bowyer will pilot Chassis No. 257 from Richard Childress Racing's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stable. Bowyer piloted this No. 33 Chevy twice last ...
* This Weekend's Cheerios/Hamburger Helper Chevrolet Impala at Auto Club Speedway ... Clint Bowyer will pilot Chassis No. 257 from Richard Childress Racing's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stable. Bowyer piloted this No. 33 Chevy twice last season, finishing sixth at Charlotte Motor Speedway in October and seventh at Texas Motor Speedway in November. In July 2008, this former No. 07 racer made its debut at Indianapolis Motor Speedway where Bowyer finished 19th.
* Fontana Stats ... In eight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at Auto Club Speedway, Bowyer has earned one top-five and four top-10 finishes and has never finished outside the top-20. His best finish at the two-mile oval came in September 2006 when he finished third. The Emporia, Kan., native has a 16th-place average start and a 12.5 average finish at ACS.
* Ending Strong ... Bowyer is the second-best Closer in the NSCS races he has competed in at Fontana, picking up an average of three positions in the last ten percent of the races. Additionally, he has completed all but two of the 2,001 laps contested.
* Last Time in Cali ... The two-time NSCS race winner started eighth and finished ninth when the circuit last visited the moderately-banked D-shaped race track in October 2010. Bowyer ran inside the top-15 for most of the 500-mile event and narrowly escaped a late-race accident to pick up the top-10 finish.
* Rearview Mirror ... Last weekend, Bowyer and the Shane Wilson-led team finished fourth in the 52nd running of the Daytona 500. The 2008 Nationwide Series champion was a mainstay in the top 15 for 199 of the 208 laps contested and led eight times for a total of 37 laps.
* Meet the Press ... Bowyer will be available inside the Auto Club Speedway driver's meeting room, G2, to field questions from the gathered media on Friday, Feb. 19 at 2:45 p.m.
* Homecoming ... Engineer John Dullam is the only California native on the Cheerios/Hamburger Helper team. Dullam grew up in San Diego, roughly 110 miles south of the Fontana area.
You've had some good runs at Auto Club Speedway, but not great ones. Why is that?
"We've had bad luck. I've been caught up in two wrecks coming off of turn four, there have been crazy things happen in front of me and we had a wheel get loose once on pit road. Again, we've just had bad luck there. You make a lot of your own luck, but nonetheless, Fontana hasn't been good to us."
From the outside perspective, it seems like Fontana is easy to drive. Is it tougher than it looks?
"It does look easy to drive, but I'm telling you, we're swatting flies in there (behind the wheel). For whatever reason, the cars don't handle very well. You have to get up on the wheel, slide that thing around the corner and make things happen. It is a difficult race track."
Auto Club Speedway is a unique track. What do you like about it?
"I like how the outside line gets worked in the longer we run. It's fun. When you're running on the bottom and somebody goes on the outside of you, they go out of your vision because they're out there so far. Then, all of a sudden, you come back off the corner and there they are, door-to-door with you again. It's pretty cool."