* Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger, earned his third top-20 finish in five weeks with a 16th-place showing in the rain-shortened Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Monday. One week prior, Hornish ...
* Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 77 Mobil 1 Dodge Charger, earned his third top-20 finish in five weeks with a 16th-place showing in the rain-shortened Coca-Cola 600 at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Monday. One week prior, Hornish captured his first NASCAR victory by winning the Sprint Showdown before he advanced to the All-Star Race and finished in 16th place.
* The No. 77 team is eager return to short-track racing this weekend at Dover International Raceway as Hornish has captured two top-10 finishes this season with both coming at short tracks, including a career-best finish of sixth at Richmond International Raceway in May.
* Hornish has two Cup Series starts and one Nationwide Series start at Dover International Speedway with two top-20 starts and one top-20 finish at the one-mile oval.
* Fans can now follow Hornish on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SamHornish. Hornish provides followers with a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping fans updated on the latest news from the No. 77 team.
* Hornish will be on hand to sign autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer at Dover International Speedway on Sunday, May 31 from 10:30 -- 11 a.m. EDT.
Sam Hornish Jr. on Dover International Speedway
"With the recent success this Mobil 1 team has had at short tracks, we are all really excited for this weekend's race at Dover International Speedway. Its concrete surface allows for exciting side-by-side racing and it is always a good race for the fans.
"With the testing ban this season, our team has gone to 'Little Rock' at Rockingham Speedway and concentrated on our short track program. I feel that we have made strong gains from where we were last season and our recent top-10 finishes are a result of that hard work. I wouldn't have thought my first two top 10s would come on short tracks. We've had some real good runs and been real strong this year. I feel like I'm learning all the time. The Mobil 1 team is growing and getting stronger."
Crew Chief Travis Geisler on Dover International Speedway
"The 'Monster Mile' is one of my favorite tracks on the circuit. The high-banked concrete track is very unique and produces some great racing at high speeds. It is a very physically demanding track for the drivers and it is difficult to keep the car turning well through the center of the corners. With a couple more weeks of strong runs, we stand to gain a lot of grounds in points as we are only 36 points out of the 23rd position."