No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge KASEY KAHNE ON DOVER "I've always liked Dover. It's one of my favorite tracks. I like racing on concrete, and the track is fast with lots of room to move around so that makes it fun to race on. You can pass...
No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge
KASEY KAHNE ON DOVER
"I've always liked Dover. It's one of my favorite tracks. I like racing on concrete, and the track is fast with lots of room to move around so that makes it fun to race on. You can pass and you've got lots of racing room, which makes it good for the fans. We should have a good car for Dover. We ran it at Bristol and it was great until we got wrecked."
"Doing both races should be hard work this weekend. It's always hot at Dover so it should be pretty draining. But, I've been working it to prepare for the hot weather, so maybe it won't be too bad. I felt pretty good after last weekend, and would have felt a lot better if we'd had a better finish."
STATS & FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT DOVER
* This weekend will mark Kahne's first NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Dover. Entering this weekend, Kahne has run in the last four NASCAR Busch Series events at Dover. He started on the outside pole and finished eighth in spring of 2003. He earned his best finish of fourth last September after starting 10th. Kahne has one top-five and two top-10s at the track.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* After racing at Charlotte, Kahne maintains the 11th spot in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series points standings. He is 167 points out of the top five, and 378 points out of first place.
* After 12 races, Kahne maintains a commanding 42 point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings. He has taken top rookie-of-the-race honors six times this year (Rockingham, Las Vegas, Darlington, Atlanta, Texas and Charlotte.
YOUNG-GUN SUCCESS AT DOVER
* Kahne is looking for a good run at Dover, as the last NEXTEL Cup races have been won by drivers in either their first or second full season of Cup racing (Newman -- 2003(a,b); Johnson -- 2002 (a,b,); Earnhardt, Jr. -- 2001(b). Kahne has earned all of his four top-fives on racetracks that area 1.5 miles or less (Rockingham, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Texas).
QUICK OUT OF THE BOX
* Kahne earned his third Bud Pole Award of 2004 at California, putting him well on his way to challenging Ryan Newman's record six poles in a rookie season. Kahne set a qualifying record at Las Vegas for his first pole this year. He earned his second pole at Darlington just two races later, making him one of only five NASCAR drivers to earn multiple poles in their first five career starts.
FAST ON FRIDAYS
* Kahne's 12.666 average starting position ranks seventh on the NEXTEL Cup circuit after 12 races. He has three poles, tying him for the series lead, and has qualified in the top-five on six occasions.
GIVE ME FIVE!
* Kahne's string of three top-fives in his first four career starts made him the first driver to accomplish the feat in more than 40 years of NASCAR racing. Most recently, Curley Barker notched three top-fives in his first four Grand National starts from May to September of 1963.