The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * It was one year ago that Joey Logano made his foray into NASCAR, one week after his 18th birthday. Much has changed for Logano over the course of the year since making his NASCAR Nationwide Series ...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* It was one year ago that Joey Logano made his foray into NASCAR, one week after his 18th birthday. Much has changed for Logano over the course of the year since making his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut for Joe Gibbs Racing at Dover. He will be making his first Cup start at the one-mile track on Sunday in The Home Depot Toyota. He finished sixth in his Nationwide debut last year.
* Logano jumped five positions to 25th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup standings with his ninth-place finish last weekend. Logano was sitting 35th after the first seven races of the season and has steadily moved into the top 25 with three top-10 finishes over the past four points races. He sits just three points out of 24th and less than 70 points out of 20th.
* The Home Depot Racing Team and crew chief Greg Zipadelli have 20 starts at Dover International Speedway. In 20 Sprint Cup events at the track they have accumulated two wins, nine top-five and 12 top-10 finishes. The team finished 41st in last year's Autism Speaks 400 after a crash at the midpoint of the race.
* Logano is scheduled to participate in the annual NASCAR Foundation Track Walk on behalf of MRO on Saturday following the Nationwide Series race. Fans can sign up at NASCARFoundation.com (or on site) to walk with Logano for $35 per person.
* Logano increased his lead to 15 points (135-120) over Scott Speed in the Raybestos Rookie standings with his top-10 finish in the Coca-Cola 600. Logano was the first rookie to earn a top-10 finish in the Charlotte race since Jimmie Johnson in 2002. It was also the ninth time this season he earned Rookie of the Race honors. Last year's top rookie finished 18th in the Autism Speaks 400.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #192 to the track this weekend for 400-lap race at Dover.
"We hope to carry the momentum of the past few weeks into my first Cup start at Dover in The Home Depot Toyota. It's an awesome track that I consider to be just a big Bristol, which is what everyone says. It has been a year since I made my Nationwide start and I'm excited to get back to the Monster Mile."