"Tony Furr tells me we have a great NetZero HiSpeed Pontiac for Dover, and after the car we had last week in Charlotte, I believe him. I ran pretty well there last year in both Busch races, which may help us and I think this team may have turned...
"Tony Furr tells me we have a great NetZero HiSpeed Pontiac for Dover, and after the car we had last week in Charlotte, I believe him. I ran pretty well there last year in both Busch races, which may help us and I think this team may have turned the corner finally, so I am looking forward to getting to the track. Hopefully, we can follow up our qualifying run from last week with another good one this week. We are looking to gain some good luck on our side and get a good finish out if it. Dover is a tough track. Just like the rest of them, it can sneak up and bite you without any notice. It's a long race and we need to have good pit stops and stay out of trouble and I think we should be okay. We want a Top-10 finish pretty bad. I think we've got it in our sights now."
SPRAGUE ON MAKING GAINS...
"We've got a long way to go before we're satisfied, but I think we're getting there. It's been a discouraging year for everybody on the NetZero Racing team, but hopefully we're turning a corner. I'd like to be able to race with these guys, race at the front and do what we've done for the past eight years; be contenders to win races. We're about halfway there, but we've come a long way in a short amount of time. We're gaining on it and going forward and we're getting there."
DOVER FAST FACTS
* The 2003 MBNA 400 will be Jack Sprague's first NASCAR Winston Cup race at Dover International Speedway.
* Sprague's most recent Dover appearance came in the fall 2002 Busch Series race. He started in 28th and finished 3rd. Sprague made his initial Dover International Speedway appearance in the 1990 Budweiser 200 NASCAR Busch Series event starting 3rd and finishing 20th. Sprague is coming off his best career qualifying effort, a fifth place run at Lowe's (Concord, N.C.) Motor Speedway last week.
* Sprague has one runner-up finish in Dover (NCTS 2001).
* Sprague is a three-time NCTS champion (1997, 1999, and 2001).
* Sprague is currently 39th in the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup point standings.
* Sprague is a 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Raybestos Rookie of the Year candidate and currently holds down fourth place in the overall standings, one point out of third.
* The NetZero Racing team will spend two days testing at Michigan International Speedway following the event in Dover.