No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Cooking with Sterling Marlin: Marlin will be the featured guest on Dover Downs is Cooking this weekend at the Dover Downs Conference Center. The show, which will feature recipes with Coors products, will be filmed...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Cooking with Sterling Marlin: Marlin will be the featured guest on Dover Downs is Cooking this weekend at the Dover Downs Conference Center. The show, which will feature recipes with Coors products, will be filmed from 6-7 p.m. on Saturday evening. The admission is $15 with all proceeds being donated to American Red Cross to help Hurricane Katrina victims.
* Coors Appearance: Marlin will be at Bubba's Bar on Saturday evening from 7-8 p.m. Bubba's is right outside the track on DuPont Hwy. He will be signing autographs and answering fan questions during the appearance.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #114 this weekend for the second race at Dover. Earlier this season, this chassis placed 19th and 21st at Fontana and Michigan respectively.
* Double at Dover: Marlin will be pulling double duty this weekend when he suits up to for the Busch Series event on Saturday. Marlin will be piloting the No. 40 Dodge.
* Driving at Dover: In 39 starts at Dover International Speedway Marlin has two top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. His highest start is fifth (1995) and his highest finish is fifth (1987 and 1990).
* Earlier this Season at Dover: During the spring race at Dover, Marlin finished 32nd. On lap 136 the No. 7 car spun out in Turn Two and Marlin along with two others were collected in the incident. In an effort to avoid the wreck, the Coors Light Dodge and the No. 22 car got tangled and Marlin suffered rear end damage.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin gained one spot to move into 28th position in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after his 11th-place finish this past weekend in Loudon. The No. 40 Dodge, however, is 25th in owner points.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTES:
"We had a good weekend at Loudon and I am hoping to continue that with a solid performance this weekend in Dover. The Coors Light team worked hard to keep us in the top-15 and we were able to finish 11th. I got caught up in someone else's mess earlier this season at Dover but hopefully we can have an accident free race and get a top-15 finish."