COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
COORS LIGHT TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #115 at Dover International Speedway this weekend. This is the same car that finished 10th at Fontana, 7th at Charlotte, 35th at Dover (accident) and 21st at Chicago.
* Dover Facts: Sterling Marlin has posted ten top-10 finishes in 35 races at Dover. His best finish is fifth place which he has done twice; September 1987 and June 1990.
* Qualifying at Dover: Sterling Marlin has qualified in the top-10 five times in his career at Dover. The highest he has qualified is fifth and that was in June 1995.
* Dover in June: After qualifying sixth for the race earlier this year, Marlin was involved in an accident and finished 35th.
* Charity Event: The second annual Race for Charity event sponsored by Sterling Marlin and his fan club will be held at the Columbia State Community College on September 25th. The event will feature Marlin and his Ganassi teammate Casey Mears, as well as the Labonte brothers, Terry and Bobby. There will be an autograph session and auction with the proceeds going to The Hope House of Columbia.
* Fascinating Fact: Sterling Marlin's best finish in 2003 has been sixth-place, which he has done four times: Bristol, Talladega, Pocono and Michigan-all in the first half of the season. Marlin has not secured a top-5 finish yet this season.
* Pigskin Picks: Check out "Totally NASCAR" on Friday's to see Sterling Marlin's pick for the Tennessee Volunteers games. Marlin, a Tennessee native and a football fan enjoys following the season of the Volunteers and the Titans.
* Cruisin' with Sterling Marlin and Coors Light: After Homestead-Miami Sterling will be celebrating the end of the 2003 Racing Season with a 4-day Caribbean cruise.