Roush Fenway Racing Dover International Speedway Dover, DE. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Camping World RV 400 Presented by AAA Sunday, September 21 David Ragan No.6 AAA Ford Fusion Greg Biffle No.163M Ford Fusion Matt ...
Roush Fenway Racing
Dover International Speedway
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Camping World RV 400 Presented by AAA
Sunday, September 21
David Ragan No.6 AAA Ford Fusion
Greg Biffle No.163M Ford Fusion
Matt Kenseth No.17 DEWALT Ford Fusion
Jamie McMurray No.26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
Carl Edwards No.99 Office Depot Ford Fusion
NASCAR Nationwide Series: Camping World RV Sales 200 Supporting the Childress
Institute for Pediatric Trauma
Saturday, September 20
David Ragan No.6 Discount Tire Ford Fusion
Jamie McMurray No.17 CitiFinancial Ford Fusion
Carl Edwards No.60 World Financial Group Ford Fusion
* Ragan has visited Dover International Raceway four times in his Sprint Cup career. His best finish came in the fall of 2007 where he qualified 31st and finished 14th.
* Ragan has competed four times in the Nationwide Series at Dover. His best finish was in 2006 where he qualified 23rd and finished 18th.
* Ragan is currently 14th in the point standings.
* David Ragan has 17 top-10 finishes in Nationwide competition in 2008.
* In addition to Biffle's Cup stats at Dover, he also has two wins, five top-five finishes and 10 top-10 finishes in 14 Nationwide Series starts at the Monster Mile.
* Biffle ran the 2002 fall race at Dover for Andy Petree Racing while racing for the Nationwide Series title. It was one of four races he ran for Petree that season and one of seven Cup Series starts for Biffle that year.
* Of the 4,753 laps Biffle has run at Dover, he has spent 94.5% of them in the top 15.
* Biffle won last week in New Hampshire and currently sits third in the point standings.
* Biffle is 30 points out of the lead currently held by Jimmie Johnson.
* This weekend Biffle will run the 3M paint scheme.
* Matt Kenseth will make his 20th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Dover International Speedway this weekend in the Camping World RV 400.
* Dover is a track of firsts for Kenseth. He made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Dover in September of 1998 at the age of 26. He also scored the first pole of his Cup career at Dover in June of 2002.
* For the record... In 19 starts at The Monster Mile, Kenseth has achieved one win, six top-five and 11 top-10 finishes. He has also captured two poles at Dover.
* In Sprint Cup Series competition, Kenseth has completed 7325 of 7604 . (96.3 %) laps attempted He has led a total of 550 laps at the one-mile . track .
* On the track... The No.17 crew will be unloading car RK-569 this weekend at Dover. Kenseth has raced this car at Martinsville in March of this year. He started that race 28th and finished 30th.
* Rewind... For the second week in a row, Kenseth and the No.17 team were involved in an accident that resulted in a disappointing finish. After being involved in a multi-car crash on lap 228, Kenseth was unable to return to the track and finished the race in 40th place his first DNF of 2008.
* The CHASE is on... Kenseth remains ranked 12th in Chase standings with 5043 points. He trails point co-leaders, Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson by 177 points.
* Jamie McMurray averages a 15.3 starting position and a 14.4 finishing position at the "Monster Mile." Dover ranks as McMurray's second best track in finishing position behind Texas Motor Speedway.
* McMurray has recorded one top-five and five top-10 finishes at the one-mile speedway.
* Of the 4004 laps run at Dover International Speedway, McMurray has completed 4386 laps, or 99.6%.
* McMurray has led 96 laps at the "Monster Mile." This marks McMurray's third best track in laps lead following Charlotte and Talladega.
* Carl Edwards enters Dover tied with Jimmie Johnson for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point lead, 30 markers ahead of third place Greg Biffle. With wins on the season used as a tiebreaker, Edwards' six victories to Johnson's four will credit Edwards as the point leader.
* In the 27 races held thus far in 2008, Edwards has accumulated one pole, six wins, 12 top-five and 20 top-10 finishes. Edwards leads all drivers in top-10 finishes thus far in 2008 with 20.
* Edwards' average start at Dover International Speedway is 15.0, his average finish is 8.2.
* Edwards will make his ninth Cup start at Dover this weekend. In his previous eight starts, Edwards has one win, four top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* Edwards enters Dover as the defending champion of the Camping World RV 400 presented by AAA.
* The Office Depot team will be bringing chassis RK-570 to Dover. This chassis last raced at Michigan in June, where Edwards finished seventh. This chassis debuted at Atlanta in March, and won at Texas in April.
* Edwards will carry the red and black colors of Office Depot this Sunday. Office Depot store #2672 in Elkridge, Md., is the weekly sales winner and will ride along with Edwards this weekend at Dover. Log on to www.OfficeDepotRacing.com to listen to Carl Edwards on his weekly podcast.
* Carl Edwards has four wins and 12 top-five finishes in 2008
Team: No.6 AAA Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Jimmy Fennig
Chassis: RK-584 Last ran Indy, finished 14th
RK-561 Last ran Pocono, finished 24th
Ragan on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is a decent track for us and I'm hoping we can use it to turn our luck around. Things just haven't been going our way the past few weeks; we've had good cars and great stops, but keep getting hit with bad luck on the track. I think we can turn it all around this weekend and get a good finish in our AAA Ford."
Crew Chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"We've had some bad luck the last two weeks so we're looking to turn that around at Dover. David has a pretty good record at Dover and our over-the-wall team has been improving tremendously each week. Hopefully we can have a little more luck on the track and leave Dover with a good finish."
Team: No.163M Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Greg Erwin
Chassis: RK-546 Last outing: 2nd Bristol Finished 11th
Biffle on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"I've run well at Dover in the past and was able to win there in the Cup car in 2005. I expect it to be a good race for us. We're coming together as a team at the right time of the season and I cannot tell you how excited I am for the next nine weeks. I can't wait to get to Dover and I'm sure as soon as that race is over, I'll be ready to go to Kansas. I have complete confidence in my team and after getting Dish Network a win in New Hampshire, we would love to put the 3M Ford Fusion in victory lane sometime soon."
Crew Chief Greg Erwin on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"I love Dover, it's one of my favorite tracks. Going there with a driver like Greg makes it that much better. We know we have a chance to win the race. The improved performance of our pit crew should be a big benefit for us at Dover with the narrow pit road, getting on and off pit road quickly will be crucial. We definitely got off to a good start last weekend in New Hampshire. We've got some good tracks ahead of us and I think the whole team is pretty excited about the next few weeks."
Matt Kenseth NSCS Advance
Team: No.17 DEWALT Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Chip Bolin
Chassis: RK-569 Raced Martinsville in March of this year. Started 28th and finished 30th
Kenseth on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is probably my favorite track for a lot of different reasons. My first Cup race was there, plus we've won a couple times there in the Nationwide Series, then we got our first Cup win there in 2006, so we've had a lot of good times at Dover. The track is so fast and challenging. It's unique because of the way you drive up out of the turns. The turns set a bit lower than the straightaways and you can feel it when you're driving out there.
"We've dug ourselves a bit of a hole these past couple of races. Our performance hasn't been where it needs to be. We just didn't run good at Richmond or Loudon. We were a mid-pack car at both races and ended up getting wrecked twice. But, there are still nine races to go and we're going to take it one week at a time. I know everyone is working as hard as they can to get our cars better. So hopefully with that, we'll be able to run up front and avoid the messes that we've suffered these past two weeks."
Crew chief Chip Bolin on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"After the past two weeks, we need a solid finish at Dover. I could be optimistic and say that at this race last year our car was fast and Matt led a ton of laps and we should be able to contend for the win. But, I'm going to be a glass-half-empty guy and say: we're working hard to improve our cars. Hopefully we'll find a setup that suits Matt this weekend and manage to run up front. If not, we'll have to contend with issues like we had at Richmond and Loudon."
Team: No.26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Larry Carter
Chassis: RK-560 Last outing: Chicago, July 2008; Finished 21st
RK-463 Last outing: Martinsville, Oct.2007; Finished 32nd
McMurray on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is a track that I've had a lot of success at over the last few years. The most important thing about Dover is qualifying. It seems like this year, with this new car that qualifying is more important at every track, but at Dover it's always been that way. If you look at the guys who qualify up front, they typically finish up there as well.
"The last couple of races, I've been really disappointed with our finishes. We've had some of the fastest cars when we unload off the truck on Friday, but when we get in the race, we end up getting caught up in a wreck or having something completely out of our control happen to us. In Fontana we hit a piece of debris on like the fifth lap, and then in Richmond everything that happened on pit road was out of our control. Our No.26 IRWIN Industrial Tools team is doing everything we can that's in our control, and we've had some great cars, just not the finishes to go with them.
"I'm looking forward to Dover; I think we'll have a good weekend in our No.26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"The most important key to Dover is starting up front. If you can start up front, have good pit stops and avoid wrecks on the track, you'll have a good finish, especially at Dover. In the spring, we had a really good car. We were able to start up front and more importantly we were able to finish up front. Dover has been a good track to Jamie in the past, and I really don't expect anything different. The last few weeks we've had the car, but haven't been able to put ourselves in good positions. Hopefully, with a little bit of luck on our side it will be a good weekend for the No.26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion."
Team: No.99 Office Depot Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-570 Last outing: Michigan, June '08 finished seventh
Also: This chassis debuted at Atlanta in March, and won at Texas in April
Carl Edwards on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is one of my favorite tracks. It's pretty much a one groove track so you need to handle well through the center of the corners in order to keep your position. We won this race last year, and we had a strong race here in the spring. We're coming in as the point leader, and we'd like to head out of Dover in the same position. Hopefully we'll get our Office Depot Fusion dialed in and handling well and get a good finish."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is a tough track. It's really unique and different from any other track that we go to. You have to have a brave driver to be fast at Dover. I think it's probably one of the more physically demanding tracks on a driver, but Carl and the Office Depot team are up to the challenge. Having won this race last year, we're gunning for two in a row. We accomplished that earlier this year at Bristol, and with the way we ran in June I think we've got a great chance at it."
Team: No.6 Discount Tire Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Mike Kelley
Chassis: RK-296 Last ran at Gateway, Jul. '08, finished 29th
Ragan on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Racing at the Monster Mile will be a tough challenge for the Discount Tire team. We struggled a bit in the spring race, but I can assure you that we will do anything and everything to secure a top-10 finish or better this time around. We got a much needed top-five last time out, so we have a lot of confidence going into this weekend. I am ready to get over the hump and get to victory lane and Dover would be a great place to do it."
Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"It is important for us to build upon our great run at Richmond a few weeks ago. I feel like our confidence is back and our team has persevered through some tough times as of late. Conquering the Monster Mile is a daunting task, but I know we are up to the challenge. This weekend would be a nice time to make a major move in the point standings."
Team: No.17 CitiFinancial Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Pierre Kuettel
Chassis: RK-553 (finished 5th at California in August)
McMurray on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"We should have a pretty good race at Dover this weekend. It's a track that I look forward to racing at. Dover is one of those tracks where if you can stay out of trouble and more importantly, on the lead lap, you can typically have a pretty good finish. I've had some good runs at Dover over the last few years, which always gives you more confidence heading into the race. We're taking a car I've finished in the top 10 with a few times this year and hopefully we can keep that streak going. Dover is CitiFinancial's home track and I'd love to give them their first win of the year this weekend."
Crew Chief Pierre Kuettel on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"I'm real excited about Dover. Jamie has run well there both in the Cup car and on the Nationwide side. I feel good about our setup and I'm looking forward to seeing the CitiFinancial Ford Fusion up front all day. This team is ready for a win and hopefully that will come on Saturday."
Team: No.60 World Financial Group Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Drew Blickensderfer
Chassis: RK-377 Last ran at Charlotte, May 08', finished 13th
Edwards on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"I just love running on the Monster Mile. I've had a lot of success on the one-mile oval. I am excited to have World Financial Group back on our Ford Fusion and I look forward to giving them a good run. We have points leader Clint Bowyer in our sights and now it is time to go after another championship."
Crew Chief Drew Bickensderfer on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"We are getting hot at the right time. I know Carl wants to win another championship in the worst way and I am going to do everything I can to make that happen. Our World Financial Group Ford Fusion is going to be stout at the Monster Mile. Carl is fast on concrete and I expect nothing less than to challenge for a win this weekend."