Richard Petty Motorsports results: * 7th - AJ Allmendinger-- Super 8 Dodge -- now 24th in points. * 8th - Kasey Kahne -- Budweiser Dodge -- now 12th in points. * 30th - Elliott Sadler -- Best Buy/Geek Squad Dodge -- now 25th in points. *...
Richard Petty Motorsports results:
* 7th - AJ Allmendinger-- Super 8 Dodge -- now 24th in points.
* 8th - Kasey Kahne -- Budweiser Dodge -- now 12th in points.
* 30th - Elliott Sadler -- Best Buy/Geek Squad Dodge -- now 25th in points.
* 35th - Reed Sorenson -- Valvoline Dodge -- now 28th in points.
* Jimmie Johnson won his fifth race at Dover. Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth rounded out the top three finishers.
* Joey Logano flipped at least seven times on lap 30 bringing out a red flag that stopped the race nearly a half hour. No drivers were injured.
* Next race is Sunday at Kansas Speedway.
NOTES AND QUOTES
* Allmendinger started 19th and finished seventh.
* Kenseth was the only non-Chase driver to finish better than Allmendinger.
* It marked Allmendinger's fourth top-10 of 2009 and best career finish outside a superspeedway or road course.
* The No. 44 consistently ran in the top-15 for most of the race but charged at the end moving from 11th to seventh in the final 45 laps.
ALLMENDINGER: "Our Super 8 Dodge was really good today. I thought everyone on the 44 team was awesome today. Hopefully, we can run strong like this in the final eight races to show everyone what kind of team that we have. It was a smooth day. The conditions were tough today. At one point, it felt like the water was seeping up through the racetrack, it was so slick out there. We just kept fighting. With 25 laps to go, we just took a guess at what changes we wanted to make and it seemed to work. We were just a little bit loose all day. I'm just proud of everybody."
* Kahne started sixth and finished eighth.
* Kahne is 12th in the Chase 189 points behind leader Mark Martin.
* The team worked to improve handling throughout the race.
* Kahne charged from 18th to 8th in the final 50 laps.
* Kahne was the fastest car in Saturday's final practice.
KAHNE: "Our Budweiser Dodge was pretty decent today. "We battled all day and I'm proud of all my guys for their effort today. We struggled a bit with the splitter hitting the ground all day. Kenny (Francis, crew chief) and the guys dug all day trying to get us a top-10 finish and we did. We struggled a bit on pit lane today which is unusual for our Budweiser guys. We didn't pick up as many spots in the Chase like we'd like to, but we performed well and didn't lose any ground. There's plenty of racing left in the Chase and we're going to give the guys in front of us everything we've got."
Crew Chief Kenny Francis:"The Budweiser Dodge ended up eighth. It wasn't what we were looking for, but we managed to get back up there a little bit. It was a struggle all day. We started off pretty good and then we made a wrong adjustment and really didn't figure it out until the end of the race. Once we got that, we went back the other way and the Budweiser Dodge really came around. We gave up a bunch of track position and had to charge up from 18th to eight. At the end, the car was pretty good. It was just a little bit too loose. I wish we would have had one more pit stop to work on it."
* Sadler started 35th and finished 30th
* No. 19 started from the rear following a post-qualifying engine change
* Sadler stayed on the lead lap until lap 138 then fell a second lap down on lap 245
* Sadler took a wave around on lap 328 to regain a lap.
* Climbed as high as 23rd but a multi-car accident on the front stretch ruined Sadler's run with front end damage.
* The crew repaired the car and Sadler returned it to the track in the closing laps.
* Sadler extended his Did-Not-Finish string to 50 races.
SADLER: "I'm real disappointed with what happened today. We were working our way toward the front and I think we would have had a top-20 when those guys started crashing on the front stretch. There wasn't anywhere to go and we just got collected in the mess. The No. 19 guys went to work and got me back out on the track. I didn't think there was any way we'd get back out there but we did. It was a great effort by the team."
* Sorenson started 26th and finished 35th.
* Sorenson raced around 25th in the opening laps.
* On lap 30, Joey Logano's sliding car made heavy contact with Sorenson's Dodge sending Logano into several barrel rolls.
* Sorenson was uninjured and returned to the garage where the crew spent 189 laps making repairs. He returned to the track on lap 250.
SORENSON: "It looks like the 96 (Bobby Labonte), for some reason, checked up and that caused the 20 (Joey Logano) to check up and that caused Tony (Stewart) to get into him. I went up the track when I saw the 20 spin. I had to slam on the brakes and try to miss Tony because he was on the brakes hard and then the 20 came back across in front of us and the 1 was pushing us. It's just one of those deals, that was a pretty bad wreck there. I'm glad everybody is OK. I'm glad that Joey (Logano) is OK. I don't know why the 96 checked up. It's just one of those chain reactions at a fast race track and that's what happens."