Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Dover International Speedway. * In nine starts at Dover, Kahne has one top-10 finish. * Kahne's best finish of seventh at Dover came...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's 10th career start at Dover International Speedway.
* In nine starts at Dover, Kahne has one top-10 finish.
* Kahne's best finish of seventh at Dover came in the spring of 2006.
* Kahne has an average start of 14th and an average finish of 27th at Dover.
* Kahne is currently 13th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings, 59 points ahead of 14th place David Ragan.
* Kahne along with other select NASCAR drivers will be participating in the Budweiser Celebrity Billiards Shootout on Friday night at Dover Downs Hotel and Casino beginning at 7 p.m. EDT. Kahne will also be the guest bartender at Bubba's on Friday in Dover, Del. beginning at approximately 8 p.m. There will not be a formal autograph session at either appearance.
Kahne discusses racing in the Camping World RV 400 at Dover:
What are your thoughts on racing at Dover?
"Dover is one of those tracks that is really fun to race at. It is a tough, demanding track. It's extremely fast and challenging and tires can make a world of difference here. We've had some good runs at Dover along with a few disappointments. We had our car handling pretty well in the spring race, but got caught up in an accident early on."
What are the keys to a good finish at Dover?
"The key is having a car that can still handle well 30-40 laps into a run and staying out of trouble. Dover is an easy place to get in trouble and once you are in trouble, it's a place that can end your day in a hurry. It's definitely one of the more mentally and physically demanding tracks that we go to."
What is the team's approach heading into the final races of the season?
"I think that we just keep on doing what we've been doing. We've been a sixth-place to 10th-place team all year except for three or four weeks where we weren't as good because of some things that took us out of that spot. I feel like we're a real good sixth to 10th-place team. If we keep trying to learn how we can get these cars better and better, get our engine program better, if we do that, we'll have a good shot at winning another race or two this year."