RACE NOTES Dover International Speedway * Johnson has made 17 Sprint Cup Series starts at Dover International Speedway, where he has earned five wins, seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes. * Johnson's five wins at the one-mile track tie him...
Dover International Speedway
* Johnson has made 17 Sprint Cup Series starts at Dover International Speedway, where he has earned five wins, seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes.
* Johnson's five wins at the one-mile track tie him with David Pearson for victories at the venue, behind Richard Petty and Bobby Allison who each have seven.
* He also has the most Dover wins of any active driver. Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon have four each.
* Johnson has completed 97.3% (6619 of 6804) of competition laps at the one-mile oval and has led 1431.
* He has an average start and finish of 11.4 and 10.2.
* Johnson last piloted chassis No. 558 to a 22nd-place finish at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in July.
* Backup chassis No. 553 was driven to Victory Lane by Johnson at Auto Club Speedway in February.
TALK ABOUT GOING TO DOVER THIS WEEKEND COMING OFF OF THE FINISH IN NEW HAMPSHIRE: "I'm excited to get back to the track after last weekend. We definitely need to get things going and couldn't pick a better track for the Lowe's team to go to and get some points. So we're excited for it and we're looking forward to this weekend."
HOW MUCH DO YOU WORRY ABOUT LAST WEEK IN NEW HAMPSHIRE OR HOW MUCH DO YOU JUST TALK TO CHAD ABOUT DOVER THIS WEEKEND AND ON? "We by all means did not want to finish 25th. I don't think it's taken us out of the drive for our fifth championship. We still have that opportunity. We can't have another bad race. We have to be spot on from here on out, I believe. Other guys are going to have some trouble at some point -- at least I'm hoping for that. But that's the thing -- you just never know what the finishing average is going to be for the champion. And opening with a 25th isn't the right thing. But we're a great race team. We showed up and performed well, had a mistake on pit road and then the issue of being caught up in some wrecks and spun around and all of that, so we have to pick our chins up and lift our heads up and go to work and show up at Dover and give 100% once again and be ready to work, bottom line."