FAST FACTS: * Jamie McMurray averages a 14.8 starting position and a 15.6 finishing position at the "Monster Mile." Dover ranks as McMurray's fourth best track in finishing position on the circuit. * Of the of 3604 laps run at Dover ...
* Jamie McMurray averages a 14.8 starting position and a 15.6 finishing position at the "Monster Mile." Dover ranks as McMurray's fourth best track in finishing position on the circuit.
* Of the of 3604 laps run at Dover International Speedway, McMurray has completed 3588 laps, or 99.6%.
* McMurray has lead 95 laps at the "Monster Mile." This marks McMurray's third best track in laps lead following Charlotte and Talladega.
* This weekend, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion for the ninth time this season. McMurray has two more races in the IRWIN paint scheme -- Talladega and Phoenix.
McMurray on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"I really feel like as an organization, Roush Fenway Racing has come a long way with its car of tomorrow package. I remember in the first Dover race, we had a pretty good setup in the car to start the race, but throughout that afternoon we weren't making the right adjustments to the car. Since the last time we raced at Dover we have done a lot more work back at the shop and at testing to know what is working and what is not in the new car. The new car is so different from the old one, and things that worked on the old car don't on the new car, so it's a challenge each weekend to set the cars up and then adjust on them throughout the weekend.
"With that said, I'm looking forward to Dover. It's seemed that in the COT car we can qualify pretty well, which at Dover is really important. And Larry (Carter) and Derek (Stamets) have done a great job over the last few races with what adjustments we need to make to keep our car running well the entire race. Dover is one of those tracks where if you can stay out of trouble and on the lead lap, you typically have a pretty strong day. Hopefully, we can keep our No. 26 IRWIN Industrials Tools Ford Fusion out of trouble and post a good finish this weekend."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"We are taking the same car this weekend that we ran at Bristol a few weeks ago. It's a car that we know qualifies pretty well and if we make the right calls during the race, it's one that I think will be there at the end and will be pretty competitive throughout the day. The last few weeks have been really up and down for the No. 26 team. It seems like we get back on track and then something like Richmond happens to us. We were really proud of our car last week at Loudon; if we just could have passed a few more cars there at the end. We had a strong car and we were able to bring it home in one piece. This weekend we are looking for the same thing -- another strong run at Dover."
* Sept. 20 -- ***PUBLIC APPEARANCE*** - Coca-Cola Racing Family Appearance -- York Galleria Mall, York, PA; 6:00pm -- 8:00pm