Target Team Facts: * Dover: Mears and the Target Team are looking forward to Dover to get back on track for the final nine races of the 2004 season. Mears' has competed in three NASCAR NEXTEL Cup events at the 1-mile ...
Target Team Facts:
* Dover: Mears and the Target Team are looking forward to Dover to get back on track for the final nine races of the 2004 season. Mears' has competed in three NASCAR NEXTEL Cup events at the 1-mile concrete oval, his best finish is 28th.
* Championship Standings: Mears and the Target Team dropped two spots in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings to 20th after finishing 29th at Loudon last weekend.
* Chassis: Crew chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team are bringing chassis #114 to Dover International Speedway this weekend for the MBNA America 400. Mears captured his first career NASCAR NEXTEL Cup pole in chassis #114 at Pocono in July. He also piloted this chassis at Chicagoland Speedway on July 11 to a 15th-place finish.
* Testing: Mears, Elledge and the Target team are testing at Kentucky Speedway on Thursday along with Chip Ganassi Racing developmental driver Reed Sorenson.
* Local Appearance: Mears will be signing autographs at the APS Wireless store at 1618 West Newport Pike in Stanton, Del. on Saturday following the NASCAR Busch Series race at Dover.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Dover... "We were mediocre when we first got to Dover in June," said Mears. "We made some changes at the very end of practice that the car really responded to well. The car was running well when we were involved in an accident that put us out of contention. I'm looking forward to going back to Dover because I think we have a great race package.
"These last five weeks have been difficult. We've had some bad luck, made a few mistakes and had some things happen that were out of our control. I want to go to Dover, run well and get the team back on track. We are not running the way we should be running right now and I think one good race can turn our luck around for the final nine races.