Bobby Labonte on racing at Dover: "Dover is one of those tracks that is great for the fans because there is always good racing. When we were there in May, we had a good run. We were top 10 most of the day, but got caught speeding on pit road and...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Dover:
"Dover is one of those tracks that is great for the fans because there is always good racing. When we were there in May, we had a good run. We were top 10 most of the day, but got caught speeding on pit road and had to overcome that penalty. I like racing at Dover; it's different and I think the No. 96 DLP guys and I are looking forward to racing there this weekend."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Dover:
"Our results do not reflect our performance overall this year. We've had fast cars, but for one reason or another, things have happened and we haven't been able to pull off the best finishes. But, the guys have been doing a great job and we just need to keep up the good work and get some solid finishes in these last few races. We've got a great team, so as long as we keep our heads up, we should be able to finish the season on a high note."
* Bobby Labonte will make his 35th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Dover International Speedway in Sunday's AAA 400. The start will mark Labonte's 574th career Sprint Cup start.
* FOR THE RECORD... Labonte has three poles, one win, 11 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes at the one-mile Delaware track.
* In 1999, Labonte started on the pole and won the MBNA Platinum 400 at Dover.
* Labonte's average start at Dover is 15.1, his average finish is 16.8.
* LAPS... Labonte has completed 13,050 of 14,604 (89.4%) of the laps he has attempted in Cup Series competition at Dover.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 96 Ford Fusion will sport the black DLP paint scheme this weekend.
* REWIND, DOVER, May 2009... Labonte raced his way to a 28th-place finish in the Autism Speaks 400 at Dover after penalties on pit road left Labonte three laps down. Labonte, who ran among the top 10 most of the event, was one of 22 cars to not finish on the lead lap in the May race at Dover.
* NEXT WEEK... Erik Darnell will be back behind the wheel of the No. 96 Northern Tool + Equipment Ford Fusion next week at Kansas. The start will mark the 26-year-old rookie's third Cup start and second with NT+E as his primary sponsor.