Carl Edwards Team: No.99 Office Depot Ford Fusion QUOTES Edwards on racing at Dover International Raceway: "Dover is one of my favorite tracks. It's pretty much a one groove track so you need to handle well through the center of the corners...
Team: No.99 Office Depot Ford Fusion
Edwards on racing at Dover International Raceway:
"Dover is one of my favorite tracks. It's pretty much a one groove track so you need to handle well through the center of the corners in order to keep your position. Bob and the guys have been working really hard on the Car of Tomorrow and I feel like we're making some gains. Hopefully we'll get our Office Depot Fusion dialed in and handling well and get a good finish."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at Dover International Raceway:
"Dover is a tough track. It's really unique and different from any other track that we go to. You have to have a brave driver to be fast at Dover ..I thinks it's probably one of the more physically demanding tracks on a driver, but Carl is up to the challenge. We are taking the same car we raced in Phoenix, but we've made a few significant adjustments. We've really been doing a lot of work with the Car of Tomorrow and I think we're learning a lot and making some gains.
* Carl Edwards is currently eighth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 1414 points, 507 points behind leader, Jeff Gordon and just one point behind seventh place driver Kevin Harvick.
* In five NNCS starts at Dover, Edwards has achieved one top-five and two top-10 finishes
* Edwards' average start at Dover is 17th, and his average finish is 12th place
* Edwards' best start and finish at Dover came last September when he qualified sixth and finished second
* Edwards has led a total of 23 laps at Dover, all but two were logged in the fall race of 2006
* Office Depot store No. 2432 from North Attleboro, Mass. is this week's weekly sales winner and will ride along with Edwards on the No. 99 at Dover
* Prior to this week's race, Edwards and NASCAR Busch Series crew chief Pierre Kuettel (P.K.) will be guests on the USS Enterprise, the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier