* The 2010 Budweiser shootout at Daytona will be Kasey Kahne's sixth appearance in the annual season-opening event for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition at Daytona International Speedway (DIS). * Kahne earned a career-best sixth-place finish...
* The 2010 Budweiser shootout at Daytona will be Kasey Kahne's sixth appearance in the annual season-opening event for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition at Daytona International Speedway (DIS).
* Kahne earned a career-best sixth-place finish in the 2009 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona. The sixth-place finish was Kahne's third top-10 finish in the event.
* Throughout Kahne's previous five starts in the Budweiser Shootout he has earned an average starting position of 11th and an average finishing position of 11.6.
* The starting lineup for the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona will be during the annual Draw Party on Thursday night on the Speed Stage at DIS. Drivers will randomly select their starting positions for the 32nd Budweiser Shootout.
* Budweiser presents Kasey Kahne with special guest Jack Ingram in the "Off the Track. Off the Record" One Night Stand event at the Coliseum in Daytona Beach, Fla. on Friday, February 5th. Fans can obtain tickets to the event via radio and/or retail promotions in and around the Daytona Beach area.
* Fresh off their Grammy win for Best New Artist among all genres, the Zak Brown Band will perform before thousands of race fans after the 32nd annual Budweiser Shootout at Daytona on Saturday night, Feb. 6 a DIS. In addition to the post-race concert, the Zak Brown Band will perform the national anthem in addition to a pre-race concert from the pre-race stage for the Budweiser Shootout.
Kasey Kahne Discusses the Budweiser Shootout and the Season
What do you like about the Budweiser Shootout? "I like the fact that it's all about winning. There aren't any points on the line -- you're just putting it out there for the win which means we probably end up taking more chances than we normally would for any other race. It's just an exciting race. It's the first time we are back on the track in competition, the race is under the lights -- there's just so much about this race that makes it exciting for the fans and the drivers. It's pretty cool."
This will be your third Budweiser Shootout as the "Bud Driver." How is the pressure to try to score the win? "I always want to win. As a driver that's just the way it is. I mean, would it mean more to win the Shootout as the Budweiser driver? Yeah, I think it would. Budweiser is obviously the most recognized brand out there whether you're talking about NASCAR or football and it's pretty cool to have that association. It would mean a lot to be able to win this race and to put the Budweiser car in victory lane for the Budweiser Shootout."