No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes * This week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS 573 during Saturday night's event. This is the same chassis which ran last fall at the 2.66-mile Talladega Superspeedway. The...
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS 573 during Saturday night's event. This is the same chassis which ran last fall at the 2.66-mile Talladega Superspeedway. The team qualified 24th but the day ended early when the car had mechanical trouble.
* Welcome aboard... The Shootout will be the event where driver David Stremme takes the reins of the No.12 Penske Dodge Charger. Stremme worked overtime last year testing for the Penske Racing organization, in addition to his day job of driving for Rusty Wallace Incorporated in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
* New Scheme... The Shootout is where Penske Racing will unveil the new colors and design of the No. 12 Dodge Charger for 2009.
* Being Perfect... Stremme has completed every lap he's raced at Daytona International Speedway in the NASCAR Cup Series. The 31-year-old has completed all 725 laps at the historic speedway.
* First Timer... This will be Stremme's first Shootout The No.12 Penske Dodge Charger qualified for the event by being the second highest finishing Dodge
* Come and See Me... Stremme, along with all the other Budweiser Shootout competitors
David Stremme on driving at Daytona International Speedway
"I am really excited to get back to Daytona. Usually we have already spent a couple of days down there getting our car dialed in during testing, but with the new rules package, we are all showing up for the first time when we walk through the gate on Thursday.
"We are going to use the shootout somewhat as a test. We have the opportunity to prepare for the 500 and to see how the cars will react in the draft. (Crew chief) Roy McCauley and all the guys on the 12 team have been working overtime making sure we have a car that will compete for the win. The Shootout may not be a points race, but it helps the team build momentum to start the season."