CARL EDWARDS No. 99 AFLAC FORD FUSION Carl Edwards on racing in the Bud Shootout: "Racing in the Shootout will be a good warm-up for the Daytona 500. It will be good to get back in the swing of things, get on the track and knock the rust off.
No. 99 AFLAC FORD FUSION
Carl Edwards on racing in the Bud Shootout:
"Racing in the Shootout will be a good warm-up for the Daytona 500. It will be good to get back in the swing of things, get on the track and knock the rust off. The Shootout is a fun race and you can go out there and race real hard and not worry too much about the outcome because it's not a points race. I can't wait to get back on the track and get going."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing in the Bud Shootout:
"This off season has been especially long, since we didn't have to go testing, so I'm really looking forward to getting back the to race track. Daytona is always a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to getting there.
"It's great to be in the shootout again. You know, since we didn't test the shootout is a great way to shake down our setups and kind of measure where we stand against some of the other teams. The racing in the shootout is always exciting and a great way to start off the season."
0x25cfBack for MORE... After a stellar 2008 season, in which Carl Edwards and the No. 99 Aflac Ford Fusion team captured a season-high nine wins, 19 top-five and 27 top-10 finishes, the gang is back and looking for more...The Sprint Cup Championship.
- Carl Edwards will make his third appearance in the Bud Shootout on Saturday, February 7. In his previous starts, Edwards' best finish is 10th place, captured last year.
- Speedway Stats... In 47 starts at tracks measuring two miles or greater, Edwards has five wins, 18 top-five and 27 top-10 finishes. However, Edwards only has two top-five and two top-10 finishes at Daytona International Speedway.
- Edwards' average start at Daytona International Speedway is 18.9, his average finish is 21.9. Edwards' best finish at Daytona is second place, captured in July of 2008.
- Aflac!!! The No. 99 will debut the striking black and green colors of Aflac in Saturday's Shootout. Aflac is slated to be the primary sponsor of Edwards' No. 99 for 34 races in 2009.
- On the track...The No. 99 team will be bringing chassis RK-593 to Daytona for the Bud Shootout. Edwards raced this Ford Fusion in the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona in July of 2008. He started that race 24th and finished second, his career best NSCS finish at the 2.5-mile track.