SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES: "I am looking forward to getting back on track at Daytona this weekend. Our whole Valvoline Evernham Racing Team has done an excellent job since then of proving ourselves to our competition and fans. Now the pressure of...
SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES:
"I am looking forward to getting back on track at Daytona this weekend. Our whole Valvoline Evernham Racing Team has done an excellent job since then of proving ourselves to our competition and fans. Now the pressure of making races is off our shoulders. I think that we have a pretty good shot of a top finish this weekend. If you can look past us not making the Daytona 500, our plate races this year have not been bad. We finished fourth in the Bud Shootout and top 10 at Talladega. It would mean a lot to have a run like that this weekend."
RODNEY CHILDERS QUOTES:
"We are bringing the same car back to Daytona that we were going to race in February. Despite what happened it has been really good every time we have run it. We have a little less power at the plate tracks right now for various reasons, therefore we just have to work on making our car drive really good in the draft. We wont be very concerned with where we qualify, but I am confident we will race well. Going back to Daytona after missing the 500 doesn't bother me at all, and in fact it's going to feel good to all of us on this Valvoline Evernham Racing team. The deal that happened in February was just from everyone trying too hard. It really would be a sweet follow up to go down there and win after missing that race. I am just so proud that the this team has come back from that and are sitting 22nd in owners points."
* Scott Riggs has four NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series points starts at Daytona. During that span he has collected one top five, one top 10 and earned $1,074,583.
* In his most recent Nextel Cup Series race at Daytona (this year's Bud Shootout) Riggs finished fourth after coming back from a lap down.
* The Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge missed making this year's Daytona 500 by one position after starting in the back in their Dual 150 race, after gear trouble in qualifying.
* Since missing the 500 the No. 10 team has climbed from 44th in owners points to 22nd in 15 races.
* The No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger has been running at the end of all 14 Cup races in which it has competed this season as well as both exhibition races (Shootout and All-Star).