Robby Gordon Quotes on Daytona: "We've been really happy with our superspeedway program so far this year," Gordon said. "We've taken the time to look at what it takes to be competitive at these tracks, looking at teams like DEI or Gibbs who...
Robby Gordon Quotes on Daytona:
"We've been really happy with our superspeedway program so far this year," Gordon said. "We've taken the time to look at what it takes to be competitive at these tracks, looking at teams like DEI or Gibbs who have been successful in the past. We've been competitive like them and we have the finishes to prove it. We're bringing a car that we haven't run before and see what it has. We brought it a couple of weeks ago to the wind tunnel and were very impressed by the numbers.
"We finished in the top 15 at Daytona and in the top 10 at Talladega earlier this year and we are confident that the No. 7 Harrah's Chevy will have another great finish this week and advance us in the points race. I know it will be a great show for the sponsors and fans."
Harrah's Fast Facts:
* Betting On a Winner -- This is the third race of the 2006 NASCAR Nextel Cup season that Harrah's Entertainment will act as primary sponsor of the No. 7 Chevy Monte Carlo SS with Jim Beam, Menard's and CarLoan.com as associate sponsors. Harrah's Entertainment, Inc. and Caesars Entertainment recently merged in the largest transaction in gaming history. The consolidated company now owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 40 casinos in three countries, primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. With nearly four million square feet of casino space, more than 40,000 hotel rooms and nearly 100,000 employees, the Harrah's portfolio is the most diverse in the gaming industry.
* Chassis -- At this weekend's Pepsi 400, Gordon will run chassis No. 102, a car that has yet to see action during a Nextel Cup race. Chassis No. 101, in which Gordon posted a top 15 and a top-10 finish this season, will serve as the back up.
* Tight Race -- Currently in the 29th position in points, Gordon is a mere 141 points behind Bobby Labonte in 25th and only 248 points out of 20th.
* Hear It -- Got a scanner? Tune it to 469.4500 or 463.6500 to hear Robby Gordon Motorsports team communications during the race.
* Meet the Driver -- Gordon will sign autographs and visit with fans at the Robby Gordon Motorsports merchandise trailer on Friday, June 30 from 3-3:45 p.m. and also on Saturday, July 1 from 4:15-5 p.m.