Ken Schrader Notes & Quotes "M&M's"Â® Racing Team Daytona International Speedway Schrader's Thoughts On Daytona... "I always look forward to going to Daytona. We had an exceptionally strong race car at Daytona earlier this year. We ran well in...
Ken Schrader Notes & Quotes
"M&M's"® Racing Team
Daytona International Speedway
Schrader's Thoughts On Daytona...
"I always look forward to going to Daytona. We had an exceptionally strong race car at Daytona earlier this year. We ran well in Shootout and the Twins. We even led about 50 laps of the 500 before we got tangled up in the 'Big One' that took out half the field. This "M&M's"® Racing Team has had a rough go at it this season, and Daytona would be a great time for us to get out of the position we're in. I think the team is excited about the trip back to Florida."
"M&M's"® Racing Highlights...
* In honor of the Fourth of July, the No. 36 "M&M's"® car will salute America this weekend with a special red, white and blue paint scheme. The famous "M&M's"® spokescandies will also be part of the fun as Red, Yellow and Blue are all dressed in colonial attire.
* "M&M's"® Racing Team driver Ken Schrader has enjoyed a successful career at Daytona. The 18-year veteran of the Winston Cup circuit has celebrated in the historical victory lane four times at the 2.5-mile superspeedway. Schrader won the Bud Shootout twice (1989, 1990), and he won his Gatorade Twin 125 qualifying event twice (1987, 1989).
* The "M&M's"® Racing Team will unload the same No. 36 car that Schrader piloted at Daytona earlier this season. The run at Daytona was one of the team's strongest to date. The "M&M's"® car finished fourth in the Bud Shootout, third in the Twin 125s and led 50 laps of the Daytona 500 before getting involved in the mid-race melee that took out 17 cars.
* Schrader will take part in a Fan Forum at Daytona USA on Friday, July 5 at 3:30 p.m.
* It's only a few short weeks until "M&M's" Night Of Stars at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Mo. The event featuring Winston Cup regulars will take place on July 31st beginning at 5 p.m. with a two-hour autograph session. Schrader, Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty, Johnny Benson, Kenny Wallace and more will take part in a shoot-out on the 3/8-mile dirt track as part of the event.