HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #006. This is the same car teammate Casey Mears had intended to run in the Daytona 500 this year before he brushed the wall in a practice session. Chassis #006 has been re-skinned and has been tested in preparation for this weekend's Pepsi 400.
* McMurray is making his second NASCAR Winston Cup Series start at Daytona International Speedway this weekend. McMurray finished 31st in this year's Daytona 500.
* McMurray will race a special Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines paint scheme during the Pepsi 400. McMurray initially was part of the T3 program unveiling during the April NASCAR Winston Cup Series race in Fontana, Calif., where he was joined by the original Terminator, Arnold Schwarzenegger. McMurray and 80 lucky Havoline/Xpress Lube contest winners will enjoy a private screening of the Warner Bros. movie Wednesday in Daytona Beach. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines will be released domestically on July 2, 2003.
* McMurray enters the Pepsi 400 22nd in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently leads the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray has posted two top-five, three top-10 and six top-15 finishes in the first 16 races of the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Series season.
* McMurray will be pulling double duty this weekend at Daytona as he will pilot the No. 1 Yellow Dodge in Friday night's NASCAR Busch Series race before climbing behind the wheel of the No. 42 Havoline Dodge for Saturday night's Pepsi 400.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"I'm really anxious about getting to Daytona. I can't wait to get to race under the lights at Daytona. I've watched this race on T.V. and always thought it'd be cool to get to race at night at Daytona, and now I get the opportunity. Plus, I've had a weekend off with no racing, and I'm ready to get back behind the wheel. I'm running my Busch car this weekend too, so I'll get plenty of seat time around Daytona this weekend."
"We're taking a really good superspeedway car down for the race. This is the same car Casey (Mears) was going to use as his primary car for the Daytona 500 before he brushed the wall in practice. The team has put a new body on it and has tested it, and I have no doubt it will be good this weekend in Daytona. If we can avoid 'The Big One', we should be in good shape."
"I'm really thrilled to get the opportunity to run the special T3 paint scheme this weekend. I had the chance to meet Arnold at Fontana when we unveiled the Havoline/Terminator 3 Dodge. This has been a fun promotion to be involved with, and hopefully, it will give the fans something to get fired up about. It's a great way to kick off the summer, and hopefully, the Havoline/Terminator 3 Dodge will rise into victory lane this weekend in Daytona."