McMurray on racing at Daytona International Speedway: "Winning at Daytona during the July race in 2007 is my favorite Daytona memory because I didn't know that I had won until about 30 seconds after the race was over when I heard it on the radio.
McMurray on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"Winning at Daytona during the July race in 2007 is my favorite Daytona memory because I didn't know that I had won until about 30 seconds after the race was over when I heard it on the radio. It was definitely an exciting race for me and I'd like nothing more than to repeat that success this weekend in our IRWIN MARATHON car. This season has been tough because we've had tremendous cars, but we just haven't been able to get the finishes we deserved so I'm hoping that our luck turns around this weekend. I really enjoy racing under the lights at Daytona and it seems I've had better finishes in this July race, so we'll see what happens Saturday night."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"Racing at night at Daytona definitely affects the grip. Even though racing there in July is different than February, temperatures are still hot at night in July, so any issues you may face in February can become compounded when we return due to the temperature change. Double-file restarts will definitely play a big part in this weekend's race, especially at the end, because instead of having one line of cars,both lines will be pushing and I think you may even see guys who are five to six rows back get a good run and may even get pushed up to the front. I'm looking forward to this weekend though. We ran well in February, but we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The car we're bringing with us is the car we ran in the Shootout and we should have won that race, so hopefully it's time for us to get that finish this weekend instead."
* Jamie McMurray has one victory, two top five's and three top-10 finishes in his last eight starts at Daytona International Speedway
* McMurray was the winner of the July 2007 race at Daytona International Speedway after winning by .005 seconds
* McMurray has completed 2,004 of 2,231 laps (89.8 percent) and led for four laps in his 13 starts at Daytona
* At Daytona, McMurray has an average starting position of 22.0 and an average finishing position of 26.7
* McMurray will pilot the No. 26 IRWIN MARATHON Ford Fusion. This is a special paint scheme promoting IRWIN's Marathon saw blades
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings