No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes * This week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will race chassis PRS-573 during Saturday's 400-mile NASCAR Cup Series superspeedway event. PRS-573 last saw action in February at the Shootout in...
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will race chassis PRS-573 during Saturday's 400-mile NASCAR Cup Series superspeedway event. PRS-573 last saw action in February at the Shootout in Daytona where Stremme crossed the finish line in the 16th spot.
* Almost Perfect... Stremme has completed all but one lap of NASCAR Cup Series competition at Daytona International Speedway. The 32-year-old has completed 99.8% of all the laps he has attempted at the historic speedway.
* Come and See Me... Stremme will be signing autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Saturday, July 4 at 3:20 p.m. ET. The trailer is located in the merchandise area behind turn four at the Daytona International Speedway.
* Home Owner... Stremme can add another title to his name this week. The 32-year-old driver just finalized the purchase of a new home in North Carolina. Stremme hired members of the racing community, who lost their jobs in the economic downturn, to help him move into his new abode.
* Listen and Watch... The Coke Zero 400 can be seen live on Saturday, July 4 on TNT beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET. The event can also be heard live on MRN radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128.
David Stremme on driving at Daytona International Speedway
"I am looking forward to getting back to Daytona. Our superspeedway program has been really strong this year and I know [crew chief] Roy [McCauley] has been working really hard to make this car fast. This will be the first time we run the [Dodge] R6 motor at a superspeedway, which I know will help us under the hood. The summer event in Daytona is one of my favorite races. It is a totally different race than the Daytona 500. It is hot and the track is really slick. I am confident we will have a good run on Saturday night under the lights."
Crew chief Roy McCauley on racing at Daytona International Speedway
"The summer race in Daytona is a great event. Racing under the lights on Saturday night is awesome. We just have to complete every lap. There are so many variables to plate racing that we cannot control. We can have the best car and finish last. David [Stremme] has proven to be a great plate racer and knows when to take chances and when to lay back and just ride. We just need to make sure we are there at the finish to give ourselves a shot to win."