Target Team Facts: * Championship Standings: Casey Mears and the Target Team remain 17th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings. Crew chief Jimmy Elledge used pit strategy to boost Mears to the top spot on lap 69 at Infineon...
Target Team Facts:
* Championship Standings: Casey Mears and the Target Team remain 17th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings. Crew chief Jimmy Elledge used pit strategy to boost Mears to the top spot on lap 69 at Infineon Raceway. Despite having older tires than the rest of the field, Mears held on to capture his fourth, seventh-place finish of the season.
* Chassis: Elledge and the Target Team are returning to Daytona with chassis #210. This chassis finished 14th at Daytona, which was his career-best finish at the time, and eighth at Talladega Superspeedway already this season.
* Daytona: Mears has competed in three NASCAR NEXTEL Cup events at Daytona International Speedway in the Target Dodge. He has completed 518 out of a possible 519 laps during those three races. His best finish came in the 2004 Daytona 500 where he finished a solid 14th.
* A return to the Busch Series: Mears will make his season debut in the NASCAR Busch Series this weekend in the No. 1 Dodge fielded by James Finch. His best finish in a Busch Series car at the 2.5-mile superspeedway is 16th.
* Days of Our Lives: Mears' guest spot on Days of Our lives airs Wednesday, June 30th at 1:00 p.m. ET on NBC.
Casey Mears Quotes:
On Daytona... "I look forward to every race this year," said Mears. "It doesn't matter to me if we are running the Target Dodge at Daytona, Bristol or Watkins Glen. We are at the midway point of the season and I couldn't be happier with the way things are going. If we can get a good finish at Daytona, I have some really strong tracks ahead of me on the schedule and I still believe we have a chance at the Chase for the Championship."