Carl Edwards on racing at Daytona: "After the disappointment of last weekend in Loudon, I'm really looking forward to going to Daytona and having a strong run. I know a lot can happen at Daytona and I haven't had the best finishes there, but I...
Carl Edwards on racing at Daytona:
"After the disappointment of last weekend in Loudon, I'm really looking forward to going to Daytona and having a strong run. I know a lot can happen at Daytona and I haven't had the best finishes there, but I feel really confident in my team and our equipment. If I can keep the Office Depot Ford out of trouble and finish up front, I think we'll be in good shape. We have a fast car and a great team so it's not out of the question to finish well at Daytona. It would be pretty neat to win there and that's what we are going there to do."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Daytona:
"I think we will be competitive this weekend, no doubt. The most important thing for us right now is to stay out of the wrecks and finish the race up front. I think a solid run at Daytona will be important to get our team back on track. Anything can happen there, but I feel that with smart racing, we'll be in good shape. My goal is to contend for a championship and I think Carl and the entire team are capable of that. We just need to finish up front and I know we can do that."
* Carl Edwards will make his sixth NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Daytona International Speedway. In five Cup Series starts at Daytona, Edwards has one top-15 finish
* Edwards has one win at Daytona International Speedway. In February of 2004 he drove the No. 99 Superchips F-150 to his first truck win of the season. In his rookie debut in the Cup car, Edwards drove the No. 99 Ford to a solid 12th place finish
* After 17 races, Edwards and the No. 99 Office Depot team are currently seventh in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 2148 points, 465 points out of first place.
* This weekend the colors of Office Depot will return to the No. 99
* Office Depot Store No. 2512 from Stratford, Conn. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Daytona this weekend