Carl Edwards on racing at Daytona International Speedway: "I know a lot can happen at Daytona. The past two July races there have been good for us, so hopefully I can keep the Subway Ford out of trouble and finish up front. Last year we went...
Carl Edwards on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"I know a lot can happen at Daytona. The past two July races there have been good for us, so hopefully I can keep the Subway Ford out of trouble and finish up front. Last year we went there with a car that could win and good race strategy and ended up second. We're bringing a new Ford Fusion that should be pretty good, so I'm expecting good things. We're getting down to the final few races before the Chase, so a strong finish and a win more importantly would be huge.
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"The night race at Daytona is an exciting race. We have the tension of superspeedway racing with the added need for a race car that handles well over a fuel run. A solid run at Daytona will be important to the 99 team. Anything can happen there, but I feel that with smart racing, we'll be in good shape. We just need to finish up front and I know we can do that."
* CARL EDWARDS returns to Daytona International Speedway for the Coke Zero 400 fifth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings, 367 points behind the leader, Tony Stewart.
* 2009 STATS...In 17 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated four top-five and eight top-10 finishes. He has led 158 laps of competition.
* FOR THE RECORD...Edwards' average start at Daytona International Speedway is 18.6, his average finish is 21.4. Edwards' best finish at Daytona is second place, captured in July 2008.
* BETTER SECOND TIME AROUND...On average, Edwards fairs better in the July race at Daytona with an average finish of 19.5 compared to an average finish of 23 in the Daytona 500. Edwards has scored top-five finishes in the last two July races at Daytona. His best finish in the 500 is 12th place.
* ON THE TRACK...The No. 99 will carry the yellow and green colors of Subway Saturday night at Daytona. The No. 99 crew will unload RK-650 for the weekend, a brand new Ford Fusion.
* REWIND, COKE ZERO 400, 2008... Edwards started mid-pack and experienced many of the highs and lows that restrictor plate racing can produce. But Edwards experienced his highs at the right time, in the closing stages of the 400-mile race. Unfortunately for Edwards, his efforts came up just inches short of picking up the victory.