Bobby Labonte on racing at Daytona International Speedway: "I think we got some momentum going after having a good race car for the last two weeks. We were pretty darn good in Loudon last weekend but the cautions didn't fall in our favor. Yates...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"I think we got some momentum going after having a good race car for the last two weeks. We were pretty darn good in Loudon last weekend but the cautions didn't fall in our favor. Yates is known for these superspeedways so I know we'll unload the Roush/Yates engine power that we need at this type of track. And we have Academy Sports + Outdoors back on the car this weekend for the Fourth of July race, which is always a cool race to be a part of."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"We always look forward to superspeedways. Doug (Yates) has put in a tremendous amount of time at the engine shop getting our engines where they need to be to unload a fast race car at Daytona. It's going to be a good weekend for the Academy Sports + Outdoors team. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we've got a great package on the car, a great driver and a great crew. That will all come together this week and I'm confident we'll have a great race."
Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts
* This July 4th weekend will mark Labonte's 34th start at Daytona International Speedway.
* Labonte has five top-five and eight top-10 finishes at the 2.5-mile superspeedway.
* In 33 starts, Labonte has eight top-10 starts and two pole awards at Daytona.
* Labonte has led 68 laps and completed 5,125 in 5,788 possible laps -- or traveled 12,812.5 miles at the superspeedway.
* In 1998, Labonte sat on the pole in Daytona for both races and completed his career-best finish of 2nd at both events.
* Academy Sports + Outdoors will be the primary sponsor on the No. 96 for the third time this season.