SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES: "I know that I have a good enough team and my No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger is a good enough car to come from the back to the front in these qualifying races and make it into the Daytona 500. We were real tight...
SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES:
"I know that I have a good enough team and my No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger is a good enough car to come from the back to the front in these qualifying races and make it into the Daytona 500. We were real tight at the beginning of the Bud Shootout on Sunday, but learned what we need to do to get our Daytona 500 car freed up to be even better in the draft."
"Since we are a brand new team with no owner's points, the 150 is what we are focusing on because we don't have an assured spot in Sunday's race. We didn't get to show what we had in qualifying on Sunday because we had a parts failure in the drive train, now we have to start in the back. It is a lot of pressure but also the perfect opportunity for this team to show how well we have prepared. We know who we need to beat in our 150 race. We will have to be cautiously aggressive to get this Dodge Charger in the show."
RODNEY CHILDERS QUOTES:
"The Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger we selected for the Daytona 500 was built very differently from our Shootout car. We learned a lot from our race setup in our Bud Shootout car, it was a setup no one else at Evernham had ever run before."
"Our Daytona 500 car is the absolute best piece we have at Valvoline Evernham Racing. When we combine that with the setup information we learned in the Shootout, we should be good. The biggest thing is to use these next two days and come in here with a plan on Thursday to make it through the 150 and do well in the Daytona 500."
* Scott Riggs will start from the rear of the field in the second Duel at Daytona International Speedway (DIS) on Thursday as a result of a problem with the drive train on the No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger in Sunday's qualifying session.
* Riggs will have to race the No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger into the Daytona 500 during the second Duel at Daytona because Valvoline Evernham Racing is a newly formed team without a guaranteed starting position.
* Scott Riggs has four NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Daytona. During that span he has collected one top five, one top 10 and earned $1,074,583. In last year's Daytona 500, Riggs started 12th and finished fourth.
* During preseason testing at DIS, Riggs set the fastest single car lap among Dodge drivers with an average speed of 186.776 mph.
* Despite getting caught up in an accident and losing a lap early in the race, Riggs and his No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger team battled back to a fourth-place finish in Sunday's rain-delayed Budweiser Shootout.