* The Daytona 500 marks the first NASCAR Sprint Cup race for Braun Racing sponsor, Dollar General. Dollar General, which also sponsors the team's No. 32 entry in the Nationwide Series, will serve as primary sponsor for the following five races ...
* The Daytona 500 marks the first NASCAR Sprint Cup race for Braun Racing sponsor, Dollar General. Dollar General, which also sponsors the team's No. 32 entry in the Nationwide Series, will serve as primary sponsor for the following five races during the 2010 season:
Daytona International Speedway (February @Atlanta Motor Speedway ) (March @Chicagoland Speedway (July @Indianapolis Motor Speedway (July ) Charlotte Motor Speedway (October )
* In 2010, Reed Sorenson returns to Braun Racing behind the wheel of both their No. 32 Dollar General Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series entries. He will pilot the Cup Series car for five events and the Nationwide Series car for 23 races, sharing that seat with Brian Vickers.
* Birthday boy! Sorenson turned 24 on Friday, February 5th. What does he want for his birthday? A starting spot in the 2010 Daytona 500. This year marks the first time the Peachtree City, Ga. native needs to race his way into the All-American Race.
* Daytona International Speedway Stats: In eight Sprint Cup Series starts at the 2.5-mile track, Sorenson has one top-five and two top-10 finishes. He logged his best start of fifth in February, 2008 and drove to his best finish, also fifth, in that same race.
Todd Braun on fielding a car in the Daytona 500:
"Fielding a car in the Daytona 500 has been one of my lifelong dreams. It is incredibly exciting to have the opportunity to realize that dream. I am so proud of every member of this organization. We're stepping into the top tier of motorsports and it is a direct result of their hard work and the support of our outstanding marketing partners. It is very special to take this step with our good friends at Dollar General."
Sorenson on having to qualify into the Daytona 500:
"It is very nerve wracking. I'm nervous, not because we aren't ready, but because anything can happen in the Gatorade Twin 150's. The team did a great job adjusting the car after we practiced for only two laps on Friday. The car felt even better in Saturday's qualifying laps and we picked up speed. I think Thursday afternoon, if we are able to make the race, it will be a very rewarding feeling. Not only for me as a driver, but for everybody on the team. I am confident that we can race our way in with a little luck and some friends to work with during the race. It will be such a great sense of accomplishment for everyone. Once we do make the race, the pressure is off. We have nothing to lose, no points to lose and we can just have fun and go for it."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #200 in this weekend's Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.
* #200 is an Ortec chassis. It is making its debut on the track this weekend as a Toyota Camry.
-source: braun racing