No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes â€¢ This week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will race chassis PRS 587 during Sunday's season-opening event. This is a brand new chassis to the No. 12 team's fleet. â€¢ Getting it back...
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will race chassis PRS 587 during Sunday's season-opening event. This is a brand new chassis to the No. 12 team's fleet.
• Getting it back... Team owner Roger Penske and last year's Daytona 500 champion crew chief Roy McCauley will get the No. 12 Dodge Charger back from Daytona International Speedway in a special ceremony on Sunday at 1:50 pm at the start/finish line. The car has been on display at the Speedway's Daytona 500 Experience since last February when the team won the 500.
• Defending Champion... The No. 12 team enters this weekend's event as the defending champion. Penske Racing cars finished first and second in 2008 at the 50th running of the Daytona 500.
• Being Perfect... Stremme has completed every lap he has raced at Daytona International Speedway in NASCAR Cup Series competition. The 31-year-old has completed all 725 laps at the historic speedway.
• Come and See Me... Stremme, along with teammate Sam Hornish Jr., will sign autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Sunday, February 15 from 10:45 am-11:15 a.m. ET. The trailer is located on souvenir row outside of turn four.
David Stremme on driving at Daytona International Speedway
"The Daytona 500 is NASCAR's biggest event. It seems to set the tone for the season. If you get out of Daytona with a solid finish you start the season off on the right foot. We know what we have to do in order to have a solid run and now we have to go down there and execute.
"We have to be patient and not make any mistakes early in the event. We need to keep up with the racetrack and make the right adjustments to the car and wait for the final sprint to the finish."