KASEY KAHNE ON THIRD CONSECUTIVE TOP-FIVE FINISH "It's a really big boost, not just for my confidence but for the whole team. We all had a lot of high expectations of things we were going to do this year, but nobody knew if we could actually...
ON THIRD CONSECUTIVE TOP-FIVE FINISH
"It's a really big boost, not just for my confidence but for the whole team. We all had a lot of high expectations of things we were going to do this year, but nobody knew if we could actually do it or not. I think it keeps building confidence for all of us, and mine is as high as it's ever been in stock cars."
ON MOVING UP TO FOURTH IN THE POINT STANDINGS
"We're certainly surrounded by some great drivers and teams. I try not to focus too much on the points. I know that if we continue to perform like we've been doing, then the points will take care of themselves."
ON RACING AT DARLINGTON
"Darlington is a tough racetrack, I don't think there is any other way to put it. But, it's one of the tracks that I really look forward to racing at every year. I'll be bringing back the egg that Tommy Baldwin (Team Director) gave me in Rockingham. The idea is to work the throttle as if there is an egg underneath it."
ON NOT TESTING AT DARLINGTON WITH NO. 9 DODGE DEALERS/UAW DODGE TEAM
"This will be the first track that I haven't tested at with the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team. It will definitely be challenging, but I have the benefit of competing in the Busch race there as well. Hopefully, those extra laps in the Busch car will help me for the Nextel Cup Series race. I'm sure I'll need all the experience I can get."
STATS AND FACTS
KASEY KAHNE AT DARLINGTON
* Kasey Kahne has competed three times at Darlington Raceway in the NASCAR Busch Series. His best performance there came last fall when he started third and finished sixth. In spring of 2003, he started 25th and finished eighth.
NO. 9 DODGE DEALERS/UAW DODGE HIGHLIGHTS AT DARLINGTON
* The No. 9 Dew Crew has fielded five straight top-ten finishing cars at Darlington. The team has field three consecutive top-five finishing cars in the racetrack's fall race.
* Last Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Kahne started 12th and finished third in the Golden Corral 500. Kahne made it as high as second place, but was slowed midway through the race due to handling problems. The No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team made several adjustments during the ensuing pit stops and Kahne battled his way through the field to finish third. It marked his third consecutive top-five finish. It was also the first 500-mile race that Kahne completed.
CLIMBING THE RANKS
* Following last weekend's Golden Corral 500, Kahne became the first Evernham Motorsports driver to place in the top four positions of the NASCAR Cup Series points race. This week also marks the first time that both Evernham Motorsports drivers have ranked within the top-10 of the driver standings, as Jeremy Mayfield currently sits in seventh place.
ADDING UP THE POINTS
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team currently sit fourth in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series point standings. They are 123 points out of first place and just 33 points from third.
HEAD OF THE CLASS
* After four races, Kahne has a 23-point lead in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings. He's been the top rookie finisher in the past three races and the top rookie qualifier twice (Rockingham, Las Vegas).